You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Playstation Vue Not Running in Firefox or Google Chrome Browsers

Author (Read 9405 times)

Re: Playstation Vue Not Running in Firefox or Google Chrome Browsers
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2019, 12:47:36 PM »

Tenderfoot

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
Sorry to leave this hanging for so long, but somewhere along the way, either PS Vue changed their requirements or Google and Firefox updated something, but PS Vue now seems to work fine on my Linux Lite 14.04 system and has been running well for quite a long time.  Since PS Vue is shutting down Jan 30, 2020, I suspect this will no longer be an issue for anyone.

This thread can be closed.

Merry Christmas to all!

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2016, 12:58:02 AM »

Jerry

• Linux Lite Creator
  • Administrator
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • Linux Lite OS

• CPU: Intel Core i9-10850K CPU @ 3.60GHz

• MEMORY: 32Gb

• VIDEO CARD: nVidia GeForce GTX 1650

• Kernel: 5.x
Try a user agent switcher for Firefox eg. https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/random-agent-spoofer/ Servers can detect what OS you are running and reject services accordingly.

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2016, 12:44:42 AM »

LL-user

• I come here a lot
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
Hi Tenderfoot,

I don't have any experience with these kind of services.
Reading through your post there is one specific part sticking out for me:

PlayStation™Vue on the Web requires Flash Player.

That's where I would start my journey of trouble shooting.
Even here on the Forum you'll find many posts regarding Flash Player, like:
"Adobe Flash Updates ?"
"A world without Flash"
"Google Chrome 55 Starts Blocking Flash by Default"

And the list goes on...

I'm quite confident you'll find a solution. All the best :)

Playstation Vue Not Running in Firefox or Google Chrome Browsers
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2016, 12:23:54 AM »

Tenderfoot

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
I searched the Forum and could not find mention of this issue, so I'm bringing it up here for a possible resolution. 

I have been running Linux for about 3 years on my personal PC's (I got rid of all of my Winbloz software and switched to Linux Lite.) 

For those that don't know, many people are "Cutting the Cord" to traditional Satellite and Cable TV Services and replacing them with traditional Antenna's + a DVR Device and Network Based Dual Tuner Device which will give you a perfect picture on all of the local digital tv channels in your area.  Additionally, this allows one to time shift their watching and enjoy watching their shows on practically any device they own. 

To handle the old Cable Channels that are not available via Antenna, they are keeping their Internet Only, and then subscribing to IPTV Services like "DirecTV Now" (Which just came available), "Sling" which has been around for a couple of years and a newer one called "Playstation Vue" which has also been around about a year.  After comparing Pricing, Features and DVR Capabilities, I decided to take the plunge and sign up tonight for the "Playstation Vue" Service.

The vendor (Sony) says that it runs on iPhones, iPads, Android Phones, Playstation PS4 and PS3 boxes, Amazon Fire TV Boxes and Sticks, Roku Boxes, as well as Mac's and PC's running in the Web Browser.

The sales page containing the FAQ's clearly states the following:

Note: PlayStation™Vue is supported on the most recent versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari and Microsoft Edge. PlayStation™Vue on the Web requires Flash Player.

So to say I was excited to see that was and understatement !

After signing up for the service, I proceded to login to my account and select Watch Live, and was instantly greeted by a notice stating that the web browser I was using on my system (Google Chrome 64bit) was insufficient, and that they recommended Firefox.  So I shut down Google Chrome and fired up my Firefox software only to be greeted with the message that the Firefox Browser on my system needs to be upgraded to the current version.  I ran all of the updates just yesterday, and went ahead and ran them again today, but stil receive the same error.

I can't believe this software won't run on Linux (particularly since it appears to be working on Android, Mac and other Linux-ish derivative Operating Systems)

You can sign up for a free 7 Day Trial to test it out on your systems.  Tomorrow I'll be installing it on a new 2nd Generation Amazon Fire TV Box and a new 2nd Generation Fire TV Stick as this is where the software will be primarily run.  Here is the link if you want to give it a try.

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/network/vue/

Anyway, I can't figure out for the life of me why this won't run as I can run just about anything else I've every tried on these two browsers without issues in the past.

I'm currently running Linux Lite 2.8 64bit LTS version.  I can run youtube videos, personal videos, mp3 files, DVD's, etc just fine on my PC.

My PC is a scratch built ASUS Mother board running a Water Cooled Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz, 32GB of RAM and an Nvidia Video Card.  It's quite a beast!  Google Chrome Browser is version  49.0.2623.75 (64-bit), and Firefox Browser is version 50.1.0

Any Ideas what I can try to get this running?  Has anyone else tried to run this software on this version of Linux Lite?

Thanks in advance for any assistance or suggestions...
« Last Edit: October 12, 2021, 01:15:15 PM by firenice03 »

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section