You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Sending pictures from Shotwell by email

Author (Read 2980 times)

Sending pictures from Shotwell by email
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2017, 03:35:34 PM »

Richard B

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• Kernel: 5.x

I have just started using Shotwell for image management and basic editing and like it. However, I found that trying to send pictures by email (single or selected, edited or original) directly from it failed. Google took me to ubuntuforums.org message 2058352 where Edward Comer says that
[/size]

[/size]Shotwell depends on nautilus-sendto (in an executable path) to function, which is missing in a pure XFCE installation.
[/size]

[/size]Edward offers a script to re-direct the action but I had problems with file permissions and tried using a simlink instead, thus:
[/size]
Code: [Select]
cd /usr/local/bin

[/size]
Code: [Select]
sudo ln -s /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/Thunar/thunar-sendto-email nautilus-sendto

[/size]This works. The destination of the symlink was found from /usr/share/Thunar/sendto/thunar-sendto-email.desktop and will be different for 32bit Linux. I used a symlink (-s option) rather than a hard link to reduce the possibility of problems with software upgrades.
[/size]The symlink diverts anything intended for nautilus-sendto to thunar-sendto-email
[/size]
[/size]Apologies for the /size insertions which I don't seem able to disable.
[/size]

Desktop: Running LL5 on second HD in ACEPC model MK1: "Mini PC 4GB RAM 64GB ROM Windows 10 Celeron J3455 Processor Mini Computer Dual HDMI, Support mSATA / 2.5 inches SSD/HDD 4K, Dual Band WiFi, Gigabit Ethernet, USB 3.0". Don't normally use the supplied W10. Also use LL on netbook (Using xrandr to "expand" the screen) and various old laptops. NAS drive and web server hosted by Raspberry Pi's.

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section