You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Rhythmbox wont stream podcasts stream newly added radio stations.

Author (Read 3270 times)

Re: Rhythmbox wont stream podcasts stream newly added radio stations.
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2021, 12:19:36 AM »

Orla Mirabel

• New to Forums
    • View Profile

It will play the "out-of-the-box radio stations just fine. but if I try and add a radio station link, they wont play. the same for podcast streams like NPR news. I can easily type npr news in the search bar to add, and i get many results for news but cannot subscribe because I get a message stating that a connection cannot be established and I should check my internet connection.

All the while I'm able to use the exact player I have installed on my ubuntu gnome machine and it plays both the radio station i added and the npr news feed I added, just fine.

I'm thinking something in the linux lite distro isn't supporting rhythmbox fully.
Does anyone have any sugestion for me? :P
I also often listen to online radio. What is online radio? Basically, online radio is a live broadcast audio stream or a recorded program that is broadcast live over the ecouter la radio Internet. The nice part about online radio stations is that they are usually not limited to geographies. The stations can be heard on various sites around the world. An online radio station can also be syndicated as well as podcasts on the Internet.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2021, 09:20:36 PM by Orla Mirabel »

Re: Rhythmbox wont stream podcasts stream newly added radio stations.
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2016, 09:34:05 PM »

demiurge

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: pentium4 3.0 Ghz

• MEMORY: 2Gb
I fixed it.  what I did was install the ubuntu restricted extras, via: terminal. I rebooted and everything works...Radio stations add on and play. Also the podcast streams add and stream perfectly.

« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2016, 08:53:21 PM »

demiurge

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: pentium4 3.0 Ghz

• MEMORY: 2Gb

It will play the "out-of-the-box radio stations just fine. but if I try and add a radio station link, they wont play. the same for podcast streams like NPR news. I can easily type npr news in the search bar to add, and i get many results for news but cannot subscribe because I get a message stating that a connection cannot be established and I should check my internet connection.

All the while I'm able to use the exact player I have installed on my ubuntu gnome machine and it plays both the radio station i added and the npr news feed I added, just fine.

I'm thinking something in the linux lite distro isn't supporting rhythmbox fully.
Does anyone have any sugestion for me? :P
« Last Edit: September 09, 2016, 10:04:04 PM by Jerry »

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section