You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Remove New Document/Presentation/Spreadsheet from menu

Author (Read 2898 times)

Re: Remove New Document/Presentation/Spreadsheet from menu
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2014, 06:34:44 PM »

Eric

Valtam, Colin,

Thanks for your help.  I've re-installed LibreOffice via Synaptics Package Manager and enabled the menu entries for Draw and Base.

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2014, 03:57:01 PM »

colinkx250

I had the same problem this is what I did.

The full Libre office suite is installed by default but is not visible. To see this option you click Menu,Settings, Main menu,then the left had column under XFCE. Choose either Graphics or Office (Depends which category you want to see it in) Put a tick under Libre Draw and close.

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2014, 03:14:39 PM »

Eric

OK, but the original install didn't include menu entries for Base and Draw which is why I did the install from the deb files, how do I get these via the default install?   

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2014, 07:08:50 PM »

Jerry

• Linux Lite Creator
  • Administrator
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • Linux Lite OS

• CPU: Intel Core i9-10850K CPU @ 3.60GHz

• MEMORY: 32Gb

• VIDEO CARD: nVidia GeForce GTX 1650

• Kernel: 5.x
We have it so that LibreOffice IS the latest. All you have to do is run Install Updates and you will always have the latest LibreOffice.
Recommend you undo what you have done, then the old entries will work again :)

Remove New Document/Presentation/Spreadsheet from menu
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2014, 06:32:26 PM »

Eric

Hi,

I am new to LinuxLite and like what I see.

While configuring it to my liking I removed the default LibreOffice installation using 'apt-get purge libreoffice?' and then installed the latest version from the deb files.

Everything worked OK apart from being left with the New Document/Presentation/Spreadsheet entries in the Office menu which no longer work (the new LibreOffice 4.3 entries are fine).  The original menu entries are not shown in the Main Menu editor and I've looked in the xfce-applications menu files and cannot see how they get included.

How do I hide/remove these menu entries?

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section