You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

rainlendar2

Author (Read 3344 times)

Re: rainlendar2
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2018, 12:30:12 PM »

barnaby

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: Intel

• MEMORY: 16Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel
Thanks for that. It seems the there is a problem, and that rainlendar does not yet work properly in ubuntu 18.04. Several people are having problems. I will look out to see if it gets resolved.

Re: rainlendar2
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2018, 09:57:56 AM »

Scott

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: Dual core Intel Core i3 M 330

• MEMORY: 6Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel Integrated Graphics

Hi Barnaby

I went to the Rainlendar website here (http://www.rainlendar.net/cms/index.php?option=com_rny_download&Itemid=30) and found this under system requirements:

Linux System Requirements
-------------------------------
Ubuntu 16.04 or newer (equivalent Linux distributions should work too).
32bit or 64bit operating system
20 MB of available hard disk space
1 GB of RAM or higher recommended
Window manager capable of showing transparent windows

The first line seems to indicate it may not be fully tested/compatible with Ubuntu 18.04 (yet) and - LL4 is based on Ubuntu 18.04.

Then I went to the Rainlendar forum here (http://www.rainlendar.net/cms/index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=42&func=view&catid=3&id=25226) and noticed this post Ubuntu 18.04lts installation. It seems to indicate the installation problem you're experiencing could be a known issue. It also makes reference to possible additional threads on the issue but posted under different headings.

rainlendar2
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2018, 08:09:42 AM »

barnaby

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: Intel

• MEMORY: 16Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel
I have three computers, a desk top, a 17" laptop and a small laptop. They were all running LL 3.8. I use a package called rainlendar2 which is for a desktop calendar and event reminder. Probably no one on the forum has heard of it. This package ran happily on all three computers. Now I have upgraded the large laptop to LL 4.0 and suddenly, for no apparent reason, rainlendar2 just will not work. I have installed it via a deb file, and it reported that it was installed correctly. But, when I start it up nothing seems to happen. If I try again to see what happens I am asked if I want to start a second example as rainlendar2 seems to be already running. But there is no sign of it. If I run ps -e I can see a PID for it, so the computer seems to think it is running.

I really don't know where to look. Any suggestions please about where to go next please? I have not yet upgraded the desk top or the small laptop, so the package is working fine on them.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2018, 08:27:05 AM by Jerry »

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section