You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

OSMC installer

Author (Read 2684 times)

Re: OSMC installer
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2017, 12:13:09 AM »

bitsnpcs

• Platinum Level Poster
    • View Profile
    • Try to Grow

• Kernel: 4.x
Thank you Scott(0) :) , you are very right.

Re: OSMC installer
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2017, 11:43:01 PM »

Scott

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: Dual core Intel Core i3 M 330

• MEMORY: 6Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel Integrated Graphics
 :) Excellent work. It's not always fun but the difficult situations are often the ones that provide the most learning.

OSMC installer
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2017, 10:01:53 PM »

bitsnpcs

• Platinum Level Poster
    • View Profile
    • Try to Grow

• Kernel: 4.x
Hello,
I am trying to use this installer on Linux Lite to make an sd card for Kodi on Pi3.
The installer keeps bugging out, they seem to think it is a problem unique with Linux Lite, and have just checked it in Mint and say it works/show the log of it working.
Their advise is to use the windows 10 installer and I am trying my best to use windows as little as possible to improve my learning rate on LL.

Update -
I have solved it my problem now, I got the image and used Etcher to burn it, which I remembered from on a thread Jerry had wrote :) , it had no problem burning it and was very fast.

As a beginner removing it was a total nightmare for me, as was learning how to fix the card it trashed twice.
Terminal wont format it, gparted won't, you have to delete the fat block it mutates to 235MB using gparted from the graphic it wont do it from the context menu, then use terminal to unmount it, mount it, and then it will format it, none of which I new how to do.

To remove the installer I had to find out the purge instructions, as there is none on its site, this even does not remove it, you have to then go all around your system as root and manually delete all it has scattered over your filesystem.
Re-search and repeat again until it's all gone. Fsearch is probably as tired as I am about now.

Even though I struggled a lot with it, I feel happy I did not give in and reach the extra few centimetres away and use windows  :)
« Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 11:26:49 PM by bitsnpcs »

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section