You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Open Shot video editor question: is this the only version in the repos ?

Author (Read 2892 times)

Re: Open Shot video editor question: is this the only version in the repos ?
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2018, 09:30:00 AM »

justme2

• PayPal Supporter
  • Forum Regular
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: Intel i5 vPro

• MEMORY: 8Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel
8) :D thank you , this worked and now i  have the most recent version of "OpenShot" video editor , and it is way better.

Pleased to hear it works for you.
I thus downloaded it myself with the intention of removing the older version but for me it presents a bug as soon as it starts - a small window relating to Help opens and won't close until the program is closed. Will try a new download later. 
1) Lenovo T520 i5 LL3.8 8GB ram, fast & stable
2) Medion P4 32bit LL3.8 1GB ram, quite fast & stable
3) eeePC 901 32bit LL3.8 1GB ram, fast & stable
4) eeePC 701 32bit LL3.8 1GB ram, slower & stable but small and light enough to travel with me to New Zealand when visiting family in Blenheim.

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2018, 07:09:48 PM »

kissbaby3

• Forum Regular
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: 1.4 GHz

• VIDEO CARD: on board
v2.4.1 is available from https://www.openshot.org/download/  (click the Linux download button)

I installed directly from the site but as I am not at my LL machine, can't verify which version. Also the download appears to be an 'AppImage' file which I've not heard of so I conclude I must have downloaded a deb file.
There is a PPA option too.

Edit: Just looked up AppImage, linux equiv of Portableapps. Another interesting thing to 'play with!' Executable file self contained app.

8)  :D thank you , this worked and now i  have the most recent version of "OpenShot" video editor , and it is way better.

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2018, 06:50:56 AM »

justme2

• PayPal Supporter
  • Forum Regular
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: Intel i5 vPro

• VIDEO CARD: Intel
v2.4.1 is available from https://www.openshot.org/download/  (click the Linux download button)

I installed directly from the site but as I am not at my LL machine, can't verify which version. Also the download appears to be an 'AppImage' file which I've not heard of so I conclude I must have downloaded a deb file.
There is a PPA option too.

Edit: Just looked up AppImage, linux equiv of Portableapps. Another interesting thing to 'play with!' Executable file self contained app.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 06:58:45 AM by justme2 »
1) Lenovo T520 i5 LL3.8 8GB ram, fast & stable
2) Medion P4 32bit LL3.8 1GB ram, quite fast & stable
3) eeePC 901 32bit LL3.8 1GB ram, fast & stable
4) eeePC 701 32bit LL3.8 1GB ram, slower & stable but small and light enough to travel with me to New Zealand when visiting family in Blenheim.

Open Shot video editor question: is this the only version in the repos ?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2018, 12:47:57 AM »

kissbaby3

• Forum Regular
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: 1.4 GHz

• VIDEO CARD: on board
1-14-18.

i have linux lite 3.6 installed, and all is updated.
desktop PC , AMD 64bit
8 GB memory.

i have open shot video editor 1.4.3,
are there any newer versions ?, this version of this video editor is buggy.
plus i tried cinelerra-cv, kdenlive, dont like them, buggy as well, lol, i like open shot for windows , but hoping to get it to work on linux lite 3.6 .

i just want to add iamge clips, video clips, split video and delete the parts i dont want , and so on, nothing fancy.

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section