You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Nitroshare: transfer failing

Author (Read 4312 times)

Re: Nitroshare: transfer failing
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2019, 02:32:49 PM »

trinidad

• Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • dbts-analytics.com

• CPU: i7 4 cores 8 threads

• MEMORY: 16Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel HD graphics

• Kernel: 5.x
I'm not a Mac guy but an SSH/SFTP Client is native on Macs now and you can install SSH Sever as well. I think Linux Lite 3.8 comes with native SSH client. It depends which way you intend to do the bulk of your file transfers. Google up SSH/Macs for info. The LL side is easy to configure, almost OOTB, and you could use Remmina with it too.
Also the regarding the errors you are describing with NitroShare, one sounds like authentication issue (probably on the Mac side) and the other like a firewall setting issue (probably on the LL side)

TC
« Last Edit: June 17, 2019, 02:36:02 PM by trinidad »
All opinions expressed and all advice given by Trinidad Cruz on this forum are his responsibility alone and do not necessarily reflect the views or methods of the developers of Linux Lite. He is a citizen of the United States where it is acceptable to occasionally be uninformed and inept as long as you pay your taxes.

Nitroshare: transfer failing
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2019, 11:17:45 AM »

JanetBiggar

• PayPal Supporter
  • I come here a lot
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • iizidima
I am looking for an alternative to ShareIT that will share files between my mac and the laptops running LL 3.8 so that I can transfer the high school study material I have faster than using a USB.  In often need to transfer 10-15 GB of material hence why I was looking for something fast.

I have downloaded Nitroshare on to my Mac; an android phone (Samsung S4) and an acer laptop running LL 3.8 and while it seems now that they are recognizing each other when I try to send something it doesn't connect and I either get a message saying "Failed: connection refused" or in the transfer box it says it's trying to connect, but nothing happens.

Has anyone successfully used Nitroshare OR can someone suggest an alternative that would work between my mac and laptops running LL 3.8?

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section