You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

LL Install/Update Errors

Author (Read 4339 times)

Re: LL Install/Update Errors
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2020, 06:46:17 AM »

Jerry

• Linux Lite Creator
  • Administrator
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • Linux Lite OS

• CPU: Intel Core i9-10850K CPU @ 3.60GHz

• MEMORY: 32Gb

• VIDEO CARD: nVidia GeForce GTX 1650

• Kernel: 5.x
What is UUI set up?

Sent from my Mobile phone using Tapatalk

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2020, 12:14:21 AM »

jjconstr

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: Intel Pentium P6100

• MEMORY: 4Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel HD Graphics

Thank you guys for your kind advice! It makes a lot of sense to start over. I don't mind that. I don't have the expertise to search out and repair errors. This time, I am more familiar with the process, and if done late at night, I have the signal it needs. Thanks for the tips. You have been a great help.   
jjconstr

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2020, 01:47:40 PM »

Moltke

• Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: amd athlon 64 x2

• VIDEO CARD: amd radeon hd 6750

type  'dpkg --configure -a'  to correct. After many tries, it said, 'Requested operation requires superuser privilege

Try again but this time use your sudo powers, which grant you superuser privileges (sudo=superuser do)

Code: [Select]
sudo dpkg --configure -a Also, without quotation marks. Although, I do agree with tikiti and you'd probably be better off by making a new fresh install of LL. Back all your important data up; pictures, download, documents etc ... since you mentioned that some settings are messed up, it's probably better not to save any of those but install and start fresh, it's a pain I know but sometimes its better this way. One piece of advice, once you have re-installed LL, make a backup of your /home dir right away, should anything goes wrong you can go back to the beggining and start over,  keep  it somewhere else and safe so you can use it as many times as needed - hopefuly you wont but better safe than sorry, right? It'd also be a good idea to take notes of what you're doing; some screenshots, create a text file and type down any changes you make ... don't know, just make sure to keep track of what you do so you can revert it back,

Hope this helps! :)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2020, 01:50:00 PM by Moltke »
Without each others help there ain't no hope for us :)
Need a translation service? https://www.deepl.com/es/translator

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2020, 02:08:38 AM »

tikiti

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Noob
    • View Profile

I would suggest you to do a clean install of Linux Lite again. It may have been that due to your internet disconnection mid installation/downlad some of your files may have been corrupted/damaged. Better format the drive & start over again.

You don't have to save LL ISO to flash drive. You need to burn it. Download LL ISO to a Windows Computer & BalenaEtcher, then burn using BalenaEtcher & it works every time. If you have a problem with your flash drive i.e. it's showing 4MB instead of 16Gb you can format it using diskpart & your flash drive will become new. Then you can burn the ISO using BalenaEtcher & install it normally.
Now is the only reality. All else is either memory or imagination. - Osho

LL Install/Update Errors
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2020, 07:56:52 AM »

jjconstr

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: Intel Pentium P6100

• VIDEO CARD: Intel HD Graphics

Hello,

I need advice please. I saved LL ISO file and UUI setup utility to 16gb Toshiba Transmemory USB stick, then double clicked the utility to install the ISO to the USB stick. I tried Etcher to no avail. That seamed ok but errors abounded when opening LL.  I  rebooted, ran Memtest, IOS test and rebooted 2-3 more times with updates after each. LL ran smoothly for a while after that. Installing apps created more trouble. While loading some of LL's apps, my internet connection failed and an error occurred. "Error installing software-gnome error. In terminal, type  'dpkg --configure -a'  to correct. After many tries, it said, 'Requested operation requires superuser privilege.'  Failed attempt mostly said 'action command not found.' So, I rebooted.

LL seamed fine after rebooting. Until loading software again. Then, LL froze. I had a movable cursor and menus would open but clicking on menu items gave error messages such as 'Failed execute child process 'exo-open' (input/output error). Clicking Control Panel Icon gave 'Failure to Launch' error. All desktop icons were frozen. Whisker Menu had disappeared. Rt Click on desktop brought up menu with 'Logout' but it was inactive. I found Rt Clicking on #1 or #2 Panels  on right end of task bar would bring up menu with 'Logout'. That brought the blue screen with cursor in upper left.

I held the power button to shut down, ran 'Install Updates' and everything seemed fine. I did some browsing, setup(lost settings with each restart), and typed 'mail.yahoo.com' into Firefox address field. That froze Firefox. I minimized it and it wouldn't minimize. The desktop repeated its behaviour of the previous time. With slight difference like the whisker menu was there and would open, but contents wouldn't. Again, a Rt Click in lower Rt of taskbar produced an active menu. I clicked restart. Got another blue screen. This one the left half is filled with lines of errors. Example: (13562.368912)  SQUASHFS  error:  Unable to read fragment cache entry  (122337fa)
The numbers were actually enclosed by brackets. Now there is a blinking cursor in lower left of screen. Other error say 'unable to read page, block ...

What do you suggest at this point? 

Regards,
jjconstr
« Last Edit: October 12, 2021, 01:46:27 PM by firenice03 »
jjconstr

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section