You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Megasync _ dependancy not satisfiable

Author (Read 6270 times)

Re: Megasync _ dependancy not satisfiable
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2020, 03:20:10 PM »

Moltke

• Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: amd athlon 64 x2

• MEMORY: 4Gb

• VIDEO CARD: amd radeon hd 6750

• Kernel: 5.x
...and, of course, it worked first time...so I have managed to verify that installing Megasync U18.04 doesn't work for LL5.0 and that U20.04 does. I also updated the system beforehand.

Many thanks for this - I really do need your goodwill as I have a few more goodies to install, which I'll open new threads on. :D

Cool! :) No problem. I use Megasync and been using for some years now too. Feel free to post whatever you need and we'll try to help you as much as we can. Try and check Lite software tool first  https://www.linuxliteos.com/manual/software.html#installsoftware to find out whether or not some of those "goodies" are already available there, if they are, then it's just a matter of select the one(s) you want/need to install and click on Install button. 
Without each others help there ain't no hope for us :)
Need a translation service? https://www.deepl.com/es/translator

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2020, 11:28:16 AM »

cantagril

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: Intel i7-2720QM CPU @ 2.20GHz

• MEMORY: 16Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Nvidia NVS 4200M

...and, of course, it worked first time...so I have managed to verify that installing Megasync U18.04 doesn't work for LL5.0 and that U20.04 does. I also updated the system beforehand.

Many thanks for this - I really do need your goodwill as I have a few more goodies to install, which I'll open new threads on. :D

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2020, 01:49:19 AM »

cantagril

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

Thanks Moltke and Richard P - All gifts gratefully received!

I did warn you that I was pretty stupid and I'm pleased you've been able to ascertain that I was telling the truth. I have no idea how I got the impression that I needed the 18.04 compatible version and I'll be trying the 20.04 one soonest.

Bringing the system up to date of course makes perfect sense and I'll make that my first step. Re Megasync: I've been using it (alongside Dropbox) for several years and find the 50gb free capacity makes it a practical default option for cloud storage, whereas I only use DB when one of my contacts doesn't use Mega.

As I've only previously used Ubuntu  16.04 that's my benchmark and tbh I found it pretty "Idiot Ready" and have had zero probs in 4000+ hours. I was looking for a lighter distro that I could easily install (with spare room) on my onboard mSSD in order to be able to run separate physical drives for my dual-boot setup plus storage drive. This is is already sort of working* but I admit to being a tad concerned as to how many more brain cells might be needed to get LL to the same utility point that I had Ubuntu....

Anyway, thanks again. I'll follow up shortly.

*in the meantime, I discovered that I could install 16gb RAM instead of the 8gb officially prescribed by Lenovo.

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2020, 02:01:25 PM »

Moltke

• Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: amd athlon 64 x2

• MEMORY: 4Gb

• VIDEO CARD: amd radeon hd 6750

My first post and first day with LL5.0 and my only prior linux experience is as a humble user of Ubuntu 16.04LTS for a couple of years - so I hope that you'll forgive the stupidity of my questions:

I have tried to download 'megasync-xUbuntu_18.04_amd64.deb' which I think I have done correctly as it and the related Nautilus file show in my download folder. From that point I haven't been able to move forward. I have tried opening the main file with gdebi and all I get is"Error: Dependancy is not satisfiable:libraw16 (>= 0.16.0)."  Apart from that I see no logfile displayed and wouldn't know where to look.

I have looked at the ubuntu forum and have found several (sometimes conflicting)  methods to try and solve this from the command line but I'd be grateful if someone might direct me as which ones I should be trying in which order.

MTIA

Linux Lite 5 is based on Ubuntu 20.04 not 18.04 so you need to download Megasync desktop client for that. So go here https://mega.nz/sync and download the apropiate file and no more error dependencies issues.

It's at he bottom, you have to scroll down past beyond 18.04 which is the first option but there is one for 19 and 20 too. You could also download the thunar plugin too. Once you've download those files, double-click on them so they get installed, or right-click on them and select install and that's it, that easy.

Hope this helps! :)
Without each others help there ain't no hope for us :)
Need a translation service? https://www.deepl.com/es/translator

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2020, 01:18:00 PM »

Richard B

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

Not sure if this will help but I now use Megasync on several machines (replacing Dropbox). I had a similar problem - dependency not satisfiable - on my first install and If I remember correctly it went away after bringing the system up to date and rebooting. I have the same version of Megasync as you, and also install thunar-megasync for integration with the file browser.
Desktop: Running LL5 on second HD in ACEPC model MK1: "Mini PC 4GB RAM 64GB ROM Windows 10 Celeron J3455 Processor Mini Computer Dual HDMI, Support mSATA / 2.5 inches SSD/HDD 4K, Dual Band WiFi, Gigabit Ethernet, USB 3.0". Don't normally use the supplied W10. Also use LL on netbook (Using xrandr to "expand" the screen) and various old laptops. NAS drive and web server hosted by Raspberry Pi's.

Megasync _ dependancy not satisfiable
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2020, 09:52:25 AM »

cantagril

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

My first post and first day with LL5.0 and my only prior linux experience is as a humble user of Ubuntu 16.04LTS for a couple of years - so I hope that you'll forgive the stupidity of my questions:

I have tried to download 'megasync-xUbuntu_18.04_amd64.deb' which I think I have done correctly as it and the related Nautilus file show in my download folder. From that point I haven't been able to move forward. I have tried opening the main file with gdebi and all I get is"Error: Dependancy is not satisfiable:libraw16 (>= 0.16.0)."  Apart from that I see no logfile displayed and wouldn't know where to look.

I have looked at the ubuntu forum and have found several (sometimes conflicting)  methods to try and solve this from the command line but I'd be grateful if someone might direct me as which ones I should be trying in which order.

MTIA

« Last Edit: September 17, 2020, 11:33:23 AM by cantagril »

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section