arky217

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member

• Linux Lite: 4.6 64bit

• CPU: Pentium Gold G5400

• MEMORY: 8Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel HD Graphics 610

• Kernel: 4.x
I think I've found a solution or at least a "better" workaround; open a terminal and type
Code: [Select]
pkexec env DISPLAY=$DISPLAY XAUTHORITY=$XAUTHORITY luckybackup a window should pop up for you to type in your password and LBSU  should launch/start and if it does, open a terminal and type
Code: [Select]
sudo nano /usr/bin/luckybackup-pkexec comment the lines in the file, copy/paste the pkexec command above, hit Ctrl + o to save changes and then Ctrl + x to close nano.

Now, click on menu, search for luckybackup and click on LBSU, a window should pop up for you to type in your password, hit enter and LBSU should start without a problem, at least It did here. :)

Moltke, the procedure I did in post #8 works fine for me, but I did start to do what you mentioned above.

But when I copied  pkexec env DISPLAY=$DISPLAY XAUTHORITY=$XAUTHORITY luckybackup
and pasted it in the terminal, I got a Warning- Unsafe Paste with the options to quit or paste.
Wasn't sure if I was about to mess something up, so I chose quit.

Did you get any warning when you entered that in the terminal ?

No, I didn't get any but I didn't use xfce4-terminal but konsole and I do know xfce4-terminal does that, so it's safe to paste the command, however, if it makes you feel a bit safer, copy/paste to a text editor first then copy from that one and paste it to the terminal, it  shouldn't trigger any warnings now. It does that cause you're copying/pasting something from a web page.

Ok, I did as you said above and put the original command (/usr/bin/luckybackup-pkexec) back in and
unchecked the 'Run in terminal' box and yes, it starts and runs ok now without having to use the terminal.
Thank you very much.

Re: LuckyBackup not working in LL50
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2020, 11:31:07 PM »

firenice03

• Rockin' the FREE World
  • Global Moderator
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member

• Linux Lite: 4.8 64bit

• CPU: AMD E2//Atom X5//AMD Phenom II X2

• MEMORY: 4Gb

• VIDEO CARD: AMD Mullin Radeon R2//Intel//AMD/ATI RS880

• Kernel: 5.x
Thank you firenice03 for that link.

I edited the command in Luckybackup (superuser) and put in  sudo -H luckybackup

Then I checked the box 'Run in terminal'.

Now when I click on the Luckybackup (superuser) icon, the terminal opens,
I enter my sudo password and LuckyBackup starts.
I created a task and backed up my Documents folder to the external drive, works fine.
Of course, I have to mount the external drive first or Luckybackup won't see it.

Ok, I did as you said above and put the original command (/usr/bin/luckybackup-pkexec) back in and
unchecked the 'Run in terminal' box and yes, it starts and runs ok now without having to use the terminal.
Thank you very much.

@arky217
Good to hear you have a couple workarounds and something suitable that works for you  :)

@Moltke
Thanks for some additional googling ;) .... gotta +1 ya  8)

I haven't used Lucky Backup, and didn't want to go too far down the rabbit hole this for that  :o

LL 4.8 UEFI 64 bit ASUS E402W - AMD E2 (Quad) 1.5Ghz  - 4GB - AMD Mullins Radeon R2
LL 4.8 UEFI 64 bit Test UEFI Kangaroo (Mobile Desktop) - Atom X5-Z8500 1.44Ghz - 2GB - Intel HD Graphics
LL 4.6 64 bit HP 6005- AMD Phenom II X2 - 8GB - AMD/ATI RS880 (HD4200)
LL 3.8 32 bit Dell Inspiron Mini - Atom N270 1.6Ghz - 1GB - Intel Mobile 945GSE Express
RETIRED LL 2.8 64 bit Dell Optiplex 160 (Thin) - Atom 230 1.6Ghz - 4GB-SiS 771/671 PCIE VGA
Running Linux Lite since LL2.2

Re: LuckyBackup not working in LL50
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2020, 06:17:17 AM »

Şerban S.

• Şerban
  • PayPal Supporter
  • Forum Regular
  • Linux Lite Member

• Linux Lite: 5.0 64bit

• CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-4790

• MEMORY: 16Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel® HD Graphics 4600 + NVidia GK107 (GeForce GT630 OEM)

• Kernel: 5.x
[...] It does that cause you're copying/pasting something from a web page.

Moltke, thanks for the tip!
I always use text files for this kind of tasks, but who knows, this might prove invaluable info at some point! :)
Some editors copy the code (HTML, XML) instead of the rendered output (I saw that many times) so it's important to be aware of that! :)

Regards! :)
"It's easy to die for an idea. It's way harder TO LIVE for your idea!"
Current Machine:
 Dell Precision T1700, 16 GB RAM, 240 GB SSD.
Laptop:
 Lenovo ThinkPad T400 + SSD Kingston A 400, 480 GB.

Tags:

Download Linux Lite 5.2 today - See Release Announcements