You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Lubuntu Software Center

Author (Read 5525 times)

Re: Lubuntu Software Center
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2018, 09:39:30 AM »

bitsnpcs

• Platinum Level Poster
    • View Profile
    • Try to Grow

• Kernel: 4.x
I use Lite Software and Install/Remove Software (Synaptic).
Lite Software has always been super easy in use to me because of its supreme user friendliness.
Synaptic was a bit daunting at first, but slowly I got used to it for basic operations, and used it carefully.

I have used Gnome Software Centre not on Linux Lite itself but in virtualbox (when it worked for me), I asked and @Jerry did take the time and look in to this software centre it was LL series 3.
Although I liked it this doesn't mean it would be a good option for LL, and I think the developers know best what is the most compatible as they know how to test intensively in ways I do not, so I tend to only try out things that are like mini experiments to me in virtualbox.

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2018, 06:50:21 PM »

firenice03

• Rockin' the FREE World
  • Global Moderator
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: AMD E2//Atom X5//AMD Phenom II X2

• MEMORY: 4Gb

• VIDEO CARD: AMD Mullin Radeon R2//Intel//AMD/ATI RS880

• Kernel: 5.x
Depending on what you're looking for.. Have you looked at Lite Software?? It contains some of the frequent favorites..  ;)

From Menu you can type "Lite Software"

LL4.8 UEFI 64 bit ASUS E402W - AMD E2 (Quad) 1.5Ghz  - 4GB - AMD Mullins Radeon R2
LL5.8 UEFI 64 bit Test UEFI Kangaroo (Mobile Desktop) - Atom X5-Z8500 1.44Ghz - 2GB - Intel HD Graphics
LL4.8 64 bit HP 6005- AMD Phenom II X2 - 8GB - AMD/ATI RS880 (HD4200)
LL3.8 32 bit Dell Inspiron Mini - Atom N270 1.6Ghz - 1GB - Intel Mobile 945GSE Express  -- Shelved
BACK LL5.8 64 bit Dell Optiplex 160 (Thin) - Atom 230 1.6Ghz - 4GB-SiS 771/671 PCIE VGA - Print Server
Running Linux Lite since LL2.2

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2018, 01:50:56 PM »

johnnyboy5000

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 955

• MEMORY: 12Gb

• VIDEO CARD: AMD RS880

• Kernel: 4.x
Just wondering if it's possible to install the Software Center like Ubuntu 18 has.  I think Linux Mint has a similar software install program too. Software Center seems easier to use then Synaptic Package Manager.

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2016, 01:06:32 AM »

Jerry

• Linux Lite Creator
  • Administrator
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • Linux Lite OS

• CPU: Intel Core i9-10850K CPU @ 3.60GHz

• MEMORY: 32Gb

• VIDEO CARD: nVidia GeForce GTX 1650

• Kernel: 5.x
It's not officially supported in Linux Lite, one reason we dropped it early on was it was to unreliable. Other are welcome to chime in, but it's not something I'll go near.

Lubuntu Software Center
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2016, 12:10:15 AM »

Bob2355

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q8200 @ 2.33 GHZ

• MEMORY: 6Gb
I seem to be having trouble this evening with "Lubuntu Software Center".  I noticed  that after searching for and locating an application then clicking on the "Information" tab the "LSC" seems to hang up. Giving up on the "Information" request I attempt to exit the application and receive the following message, "The window might be busy....." "Do you want to terminate the application?"

I failed to locate any thread that deals with this issue.  Any ideas and or fixes would be appreciated.  Heading to bed now and will deal with it tomorrow.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 02:35:33 AM by Jerry »

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section