You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Libreoffice

Author (Read 8133 times)

Re: Libreoffice
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2021, 09:30:53 PM »

dentalcher

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T6600 @ 2.20GHz

• MEMORY: 4Gb

• VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA C79 [GeForce G102M]
Thank you, Moltke. I will open a new thread as per your suggestion.

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2021, 09:17:11 PM »

Moltke

• Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: amd athlon 64 x2

• VIDEO CARD: amd radeon hd 6750

• Kernel: 5.x
Hello. The LibreOffice is not working. Everything else seems ok. I did a Fresh install of LL 5.4. I can't find any error but when I try to open Writer, I get this message box "LibreOffice 6.4 Document Recovery" Due to an error, LibreOffice crashed. All The files you were working on will now be saved...etc... with Calc & Impress, they open when I click to create new doc. But Calc cannot open any file spreadsheet file... I followed the manual to uninstall, checked the repositories, reload for update and re-installed LibreOffice 6.4 but still the same...

This laptop, I already had LL 5.4 with all the packages running well but I recently replaced the HDD with SSD to make it faster. The files I was trying to open, I saved in external HDD before I changed the hard drive. I can open all those files without problem in my other computer with Windows even those saved in odf... Please help, I've spent 2 days already trying to find answers in the forum... I'm not tech savvy. I just came to appreciate LL when I first installed it in the old hard drive because everything worked well. I use this for work. Thank you very much in advance...

You should open a new thread, so it catches users' attention, this one is already old and solved.
Without each others help there ain't no hope for us :)
Need a translation service? https://www.deepl.com/es/translator

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2021, 08:48:18 PM »

dentalcher

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T6600 @ 2.20GHz

• VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA C79 [GeForce G102M]
Hello. The LibreOffice is not working. Everything else seems ok. I did a Fresh install of LL 5.4. I can't find any error but when I try to open Writer, I get this message box "LibreOffice 6.4 Document Recovery" Due to an error, LibreOffice crashed. All The files you were working on will now be saved...etc... with Calc & Impress, they open when I click to create new doc. But Calc cannot open any file spreadsheet file... I followed the manual to uninstall, checked the repositories, reload for update and re-installed LibreOffice 6.4 but still the same...

This laptop, I already had LL 5.4 with all the packages running well but I recently replaced the HDD with SSD to make it faster. The files I was trying to open, I saved in external HDD before I changed the hard drive. I can open all those files without problem in my other computer with Windows even those saved in odf... Please help, I've spent 2 days already trying to find answers in the forum... I'm not tech savvy. I just came to appreciate LL when I first installed it in the old hard drive because everything worked well. I use this for work. Thank you very much in advance...

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2020, 12:20:29 PM »

Moltke

• Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: amd athlon 64 x2

• VIDEO CARD: amd radeon hd 6750

• Kernel: 5.x
I managed to download and install libreoffice but having a dickens of a time with the data base i keep getting this message:
The connection to the data source" New database could not be established
The connection to the external data source could not be established.No SDBC driver was found for the URL'sdbc:embedded:hsqldb'./build/-libreoffice-JOLMwH/libreoffice-7.0.3/connectivity/source/commontools/-dbexceptions.cxx:399

I have no idea what this means and it happens when I try to create a new database with wizard or other assistance

Does any one know what the hell is going on ? I can use all the other programs this only happens with base !!

You need to install a java environment. I was having a similar issue and installing openjdk-14-jre solved it.
Open a terminal and type
Code: [Select]
sudo apt-get install openjdk-14-jre hit enter, type in your password when asked, hit enter again and wait for the process to finish. Try Libreoffice base again and hopefully it should work. Its only a 36kb pkg.

Hope this helps! :)
Without each others help there ain't no hope for us :)
Need a translation service? https://www.deepl.com/es/translator

Libreoffice
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2020, 06:19:00 AM »

acrome77

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
I managed to download and install libreoffice but having a dickens of a time with the data base i keep getting this message:
The connection to the data source" New database could not be established
The connection to the external data source could not be established.No SDBC driver was found for the URL'sdbc:embedded:hsqldb'./build/-libreoffice-JOLMwH/libreoffice-7.0.3/connectivity/source/commontools/-dbexceptions.cxx:399

I have no idea what this means and it happens when I try to create a new database with wizard or other assistance

Does any one know what the hell is going on ? I can use all the other programs this only happens with base !!
« Last Edit: October 12, 2021, 01:37:38 PM by firenice03 »

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section