You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

CherryTree 0.39.3

Author (Read 3829 times)

Re: CherryTree 0.39.3
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2020, 06:27:01 AM »

H

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: Core i7-2630QM@2GHz

• MEMORY: 8Gb

• VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GEFORCE GT 540 CUDA * 2GB

• Kernel: 5.x
Final Update:

After trying to get the python-enchants dependencies to install as per our conversations it all failed miserably.

Their reply
"@txe I tried but it was not straightforward because was forcing to downgrade packages versions and pin those versions, so I would not advise the average user to do that. I would rather invite to use the Gtkmm3 version with extra precaution if neither snap nor flatpak satisfy their needs"

So I think for the moment Cherrytree remains broken. I will close this as solved even thought it is not , as it appears the developers are at the end of the road with this.
H

Last reply
"@Mizscottie , ubuntu 20 removed all packages related to python2 and which cherrytree uses, thus snap is only an option there, I asked a snap developer to fix issues with snap your mention, will see if it's possible.

@giuspen , I didn't suggest c++ version, because image paste is not working there yet :)"

end.

10/06/2020 email received from the creators of CherryTree :
"the snap configuration was fixed. If ubuntu updated cherrytree snap, then the bugfix (to copy an image from a browser) is there."

I updated and yes indeed this error has no been fixed.
Cheers
H
« Last Edit: June 10, 2020, 02:41:41 AM by H »

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2020, 05:58:10 AM »

H

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

Update 07/06/2020
giuspen / cherrytree

"Hmm, I checked Linux Lite 5.0, and it looks to be based on Ubuntu 20, so only snap and flatpak work there. We try to fix snap, so image copy\paste can work."

If I get anything further will post.
H

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2020, 05:38:32 AM »

H

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

Thank you for replies.
@trinidad
@Linuxkumpel
@firenice03
and I am glad that at least this has made @Jerry feel Vindicated, though I have no idea why, but glad I made your day, lol ;-)

As a newbie, I found the links somewhat not helpful, as it does not help in any way.

I did download again and try different things only to find out that the Cherrytree text
 was gone and filled with little boxes where text should be???
I did manage to find fix for that

sudo rm /var/cache/fontconfig/*

sudo rm ~/.cache/fontconfig/*

But the copy paste text problem reported to

giuspen/cherrytree github!!

Will wait and see I guess.
H

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2020, 01:02:22 AM »

Jerry

• Linux Lite Creator
  • Administrator
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • Linux Lite OS

• CPU: Intel Core i9-10850K CPU @ 3.60GHz

• MEMORY: 32Gb

• VIDEO CARD: nVidia GeForce GTX 1650

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2020, 04:37:16 PM »

trinidad

• Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • dbts-analytics.com

• CPU: i7 4 cores 8 threads

• MEMORY: 16Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel HD graphics

Read the first link I posted to the end. Two of the posters are the developers of cherry tree. They are committed to C++ and as of the end of April this year they were well on their way to updating it in that direction.

TC
All opinions expressed and all advice given by Trinidad Cruz on this forum are his responsibility alone and do not necessarily reflect the views or methods of the developers of Linux Lite. He is a citizen of the United States where it is acceptable to occasionally be uninformed and inept as long as you pay your taxes.

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2020, 01:14:04 PM »

firenice03

• Rockin' the FREE World
  • Global Moderator
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: AMD E2//Atom X5//AMD Phenom II X2

• MEMORY: 4Gb

• VIDEO CARD: AMD Mullin Radeon R2//Intel//AMD/ATI RS880

Hiya Folks,

I have installed Cherrytree 0.39.3 today as I had just installed LL 5.0. this week.

The LL4.8 also had Cherrytree installed.

Problem:

In the previous install I could copy and paste text and images from a web page, into Cherrytree, no problem

In this version that was installed via snap store only copies the text, and does not copy paste the images as well.

I have searched the google and come up with no answers as yet. Has any body had this problem and found a fix?
thanks
H

@H

Things worked well in 4.x as it made use of Python - The Python version was outdated... Last I read Cherry tree was working.looking at converting to C....
Some info here: https://www.linuxliteos.com/forums/on-topic/python2-out-of-20-04/msg51049/#msg51049

If you have installed via Cherry Tree (their website/GIT repo/etc etc).. I would suggest letting their devs know (git issues) so they can confirm/look into making further enhancements..
Knowing that they are actively working to keep their software up to date is great news, and your findings may be welcoming input to their project.. :)
LL4.8 UEFI 64 bit ASUS E402W - AMD E2 (Quad) 1.5Ghz  - 4GB - AMD Mullins Radeon R2
LL5.8 UEFI 64 bit Test UEFI Kangaroo (Mobile Desktop) - Atom X5-Z8500 1.44Ghz - 2GB - Intel HD Graphics
LL4.8 64 bit HP 6005- AMD Phenom II X2 - 8GB - AMD/ATI RS880 (HD4200)
LL3.8 32 bit Dell Inspiron Mini - Atom N270 1.6Ghz - 1GB - Intel Mobile 945GSE Express  -- Shelved
BACK LL5.8 64 bit Dell Optiplex 160 (Thin) - Atom 230 1.6Ghz - 4GB-SiS 771/671 PCIE VGA - Print Server
Running Linux Lite since LL2.2

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2020, 12:12:42 PM »

Linuxkumpel

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: Intel Pentium P6100

• VIDEO CARD: Intel X4500HD

debian/ubuntu package (NOT FOR UBUNTU 20.04/DEBIAN UNSTABLE, NEW GTKMM3 VERSION COMING SOON, USE SNAP or FLATPAK PACKAGE) cherrytree_0.39.3-0_all.deb
(giuspen PPA: sudo add-apt-repository ppa:giuspen/ppa)
https://www.giuspen.com/cherrytree/#downl
LL 5.0 64 bit Packard Bell Easynote TK 85 (since 1.0.6)
Manjaro 20.1 Xfce 64 bit Thinkpad T420s
Pop!_OS 20.04 64 bit HUAWEI Matebook D (AMD)
Solus 4.1 Lenovo M30-70
PeppermintOS 10 64 bit Dell Inspiron 11-3162
ROSA 11 Fresh 64 bit Packard Bell dot SE

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2020, 09:50:20 AM »

trinidad

• Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • dbts-analytics.com

• CPU: i7 4 cores 8 threads

• MEMORY: 16Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel HD graphics

All opinions expressed and all advice given by Trinidad Cruz on this forum are his responsibility alone and do not necessarily reflect the views or methods of the developers of Linux Lite. He is a citizen of the United States where it is acceptable to occasionally be uninformed and inept as long as you pay your taxes.

CherryTree 0.39.3
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2020, 06:40:17 AM »

H

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

Hiya Folks,

I have installed Cherrytree 0.39.3 today as I had just installed LL 5.0. this week.

The LL4.8 also had Cherrytree installed.

Problem:

In the previous install I could copy and paste text and images from a web page, into Cherrytree, no problem

In this version that was installed via snap store only copies the text, and does not copy paste the images as well.

I have searched the google and come up with no answers as yet. Has any body had this problem and found a fix?
thanks
H
« Last Edit: June 07, 2020, 07:38:21 AM by H »

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section