You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

keyboard unable to eliminate fn keys

Author (Read 2811 times)

Re: keyboard unable to eliminate fn keys
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2020, 06:11:23 AM »

foxcub

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4510U CPU @ 2.00GHz

• MEMORY: 4Gb

• VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GeForce 840M

• Kernel: 5.x
I eventually solved the problem when I had to reinstall LL 5.0 (due to the system locking up/freezing.

I found in the Bios a line referring to sticky keys (I think that was the title) and set it differently ("enabled", I think).

Now it is working fine.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2020, 06:17:46 AM by foxcub »

keyboard unable to eliminate fn keys
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2020, 12:55:29 PM »

foxcub

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4510U CPU @ 2.00GHz

• MEMORY: 4Gb

• VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GeForce 840M

• Kernel: 5.x
I had ubuntu 12.04 (I think that what ir was) and I ran lite t from a usb stick. Everything was working fine - no keyboard problems. So I installed Lite 5 to replace ubuntu 12.04.

However, I now cannot use all the keys on my keyboard - I am unable to find a way to get out of the fn keys (small keyboard, no keyboard numbers pad). I have tried the usual key combinations: n+esc, fn+page UP, + page down etc. Luckily, I can log on without  problem keyboard works as it should. However,  once I am logged on and in the full install I have the problem.

In the systems Information it says the keyboard is an AT Translated Set 1 keyboard (if that means anything to you!).

Should I try to reinstall. Personally, I have run out out of ideas.

Edit: I have just run Lite 5 from the Live USB stick and I now notice that in fact, the FN keys are "stuck" so that I cannot use all the alphabetical keys as FN has blocked them and are displaying the numbers pad instead.

Edit: I have just run Lite 5 from the flask USB again and I now notice that in fact the keyboard does not work properly s the FN keys are "stuck" on so that L=3, K=2 and J=1 etc. I cannot find a way to unstick the FN keys.

Machine is a Lenovo Ideapad G465 laptop, originally windows 7 home. now dual booting with Win 7.
Windows seven is working correctly in all ways so the issue must lie somewhere with Linux Lite 5.

Many thanks in advance.

foxcub.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2020, 06:21:17 AM by foxcub »

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section