You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Installing Avidemux 2.6.8

Author (Read 3134 times)

Re: Installing Avidemux 2.6.8
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2014, 11:57:10 PM »

bitsnpcs

• Platinum Level Poster
    • View Profile
    • Try to Grow

• Kernel: 4.x
Hello rmcellig,

you can use VLC to record, and also make your own templates in it for commonly used tasks, example I made a flv to mp3 one in the past.

Installing Avidemux 2.6.8
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2014, 11:00:45 AM »

rmcellig

Ever since I changed from the Mac environment to Linux, I have been wanting to find a simple and quick way to save video snippets from video files that I have (avi, mov, mp4, mkv).

Is there anyone out there that actually does this with any success? On the Mac I used MPEG Streamclip with great success. I have been trying to install the latest Avidemux with no success. I tried compiling it from their website. I have also tried installing from ppa when I searched google. Doesn't work.

I am using Linux Lite 2.0. I just want a simple and straightforward way to select snippets from a video file and save those snippets to my HD.

I have tried the following:

Code: [Select]
avconv -i input.mkv -ss 00:27:20 -t 00:33:40 -c copy output.mkv

This works but I am not sure what would be a quick way to scrub the video so I could quickly identify the start and end markers. Right now I am using VLC player to search for what I want to mark. Pretty cumbersome. Is there an easier way?

Thanks so much!

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section