You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

How to install One Touch Software

Author (Read 8742 times)

Re: How to install One Touch Software
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2014, 02:09:20 AM »

ohjrson

• I know enough to get into trouble
  • Forum Regular
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: Quad core

• MEMORY: 32Gb

• VIDEO CARD: internal

• Kernel: 6.x
Ok Update.
       Just recently found out that there was an update to the software to include win 7 users with the software. I had already installed it on a laptop and did the update, (it has win xp on it) after that it worked fine and even worked on the new verio IQ as well. which was nice. However when I tried the same thing on the win 7 as per usual with more updated OS concerning windows it of course would not work.
So I will be seeing if I can manage to get it to work on the install of LL that I also have on the laptop. (Dual boot) I also have wine in there and will try that first. If that fails I will try the Virtual Box. Will get back to you as soon as I have results. (Valtam I think this might be a good test to see if the software can be easily converted so to speak? Would you agree?) Wish me luck.

Thanks
LL 6.6 Dell Power Edge T310 Quad core 32g
LL 6.6 Acer E5-722-49HD A4-7210 Quad core
LL 6.6 Acer AX3812-E9502 intel Quad core
LL 6.2 Dell Optiplex 755 intel Core 2 duo
LL 3.8 Acer Aspire 3000 AMD processor
Simple, Fast, Efficient, Free, and Beats Windows all to hell.

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2014, 07:59:41 AM »

gold_finger

• Documentation Writer
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: Intel Core2 Duo E7500 3.0GHz

• MEMORY: 4Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel 4 Series Integrated Graphics
That's good information there gold_finger (like the name there, remember the movie, great one  8)) and I will probably end up doing that on the wine forum too, However if one was to want to get it to work for himself how would one go about doing that? I mean obviously I could not per say share it with others of course  :-X, but how would one go about getting it to work? :o Do you have any ideas?  :-\
Sorry, didn't check back on this post to see your question.

Answer:  I have no idea!

However, Teddy5090's solution very well might be a viable way to make it work.  You should give that a try.
Try Linux Beginner Search Engine for answers to Linux questions.

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2014, 01:31:14 AM »

Teddy

• 'Deep in the heart of Texas!'
  • PayPal Supporter
  • Forum Regular
  • Texmex
    • View Profile

• CPU: Intel Core i7-6700HQ 2.6Ghz/Turbo 3.5Ghz Quad Core (Skylake)

• MEMORY: 24Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970M - 6GB VRAM

You can try a totally different approach by installing and running the program within VirtualBox, on a Windows VM (preferably Windows Vista or higher.) (Windows XP could work too, but support is about to be pulled from it in a few weeks.)
« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 01:35:12 AM by Teddy5090 »
Theodore,

HP Pavilion TouchSmart 11-e015dx (11-inch "Travelbook")
ASUS Republic Of Gamers G752VT-DH74 (17-inch Main) [6GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 970M GPU, 24GB RAM]

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2014, 08:07:48 PM »

ohjrson

• Forum Regular
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

That's good information there gold_finger (like the name there, remember the movie, great one  8)) and I will probably end up doing that on the wine forum too, However if one was to want to get it to work for himself how would one go about doing that? I mean obviously I could not per say share it with others of course  :-X, but how would one go about getting it to work? :o Do you have any ideas?  :-\

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2014, 09:07:15 AM »

gold_finger

• Documentation Writer
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: Intel Core2 Duo E7500 3.0GHz

• MEMORY: 4Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel 4 Series Integrated Graphics
Did a search for you on that software and didn't come up with any promising answers.  Just posts from others asking same question and not getting workable solution.  Ran across a few old Wine bug reports about it, but didn't find solutions.  The manufacturers of those types of devices, like so many others, don't bother paying any attention to support for Linux.  To them, MS Windows is the only OS in existence (with an occasional nod to Apple).  I'm not a programmer or legal expert, so don't know the possible technical/legal difficulties of this, but seems to me that if various vendors don't want to bother writing programs to support their products in Linux, the least they could do is give those who would access to source code and data necessary to do it for them.

You may have better luck posting your question on the wine forums:  http://forum.winehq.org/.  If there is a solution, that's where you're most likely to find it.

Good luck.
Try Linux Beginner Search Engine for answers to Linux questions.

How to install One Touch Software
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2014, 01:48:49 AM »

ohjrson

• Forum Regular
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

Hey all.
 Just need to know or get some help with making the Lifescan software One Touch Software work for my Diabetes Glucometer. I have tried to install it using Wine but, it was telling me that the file it was trying to load was corrupted or something. I tried several times to make a fresh file like is said that I needed but that would not work either. Let me know what you need so I can tell you what happens....

Please...
Many Thanks.
ohjrson
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 01:53:08 AM by ohjrson »

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section