You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

how to install firefox?

Author (Read 11254 times)

Re: how to install firefox?
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2022, 11:18:45 AM »

vint

• Lignarius Faber
  • Forum Regular
  • Linux Novice
    • View Profile

• CPU: Intel celeron 900 @ 2.20 GHz

• MEMORY: 4Gb

• VIDEO CARD: mesa DRI Mobile Intel GM45 Express Chipset

• Kernel: 5.x
@bookmunchies,
Stay calm, I understand how you feel but time with LL will take care of that.  Read the manual, all of it and search the forum for the answers, Serban helped me install Thunderbird mail before Ubuntu released it and it works great as does FireFox on LL 5.8 for me.  Immerse yourself in Linux Lite, learn how to use the terminal as Jerry has all of the code you need to get things done in the manual.  Go through the tutorials it is a good place to start, I've been on LL since the end of February 2021 and came from a lifelong use of Windows and it has been difficult and at times frustrating.  There are many people here on the LL forum that will help you, Linux Lite is the best OS to learn on and in my humble novice opinion at least on my old machine is the best OS. 

Best regards,
Vint,
God Bless Texas

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2022, 09:03:56 AM »

trinidad

• Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • dbts-analytics.com

• CPU: i7 4 cores 8 threads

• MEMORY: 16Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel HD graphics

it says it's installed but it's nowhere
The Firefox icon might not appear in the lower panel after installation. Look for it at Menu>Internet>. Otherwise open (click on) your Xfce terminal (in the lower panel) and type in firefox at the prompt.
I just might install lubuntu
Good luck and happy bugs with that. If you can't figure out Xfce, Lxqt is going to put you over the edge. Ronnie is stil using Ubuntu 20.04 at Lxle because of Lubuntu changing from Lxde to Lxqt.

TC

All opinions expressed and all advice given by Trinidad Cruz on this forum are his responsibility alone and do not necessarily reflect the views or methods of the developers of Linux Lite. He is a citizen of the United States where it is acceptable to occasionally be uninformed and inept as long as you pay your taxes.

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2022, 11:58:10 PM »

Jerry

• Linux Lite Creator
  • Administrator
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • Linux Lite OS

• CPU: Intel Core i9-10850K CPU @ 3.60GHz

• MEMORY: 32Gb

• VIDEO CARD: nVidia GeForce GTX 1650

The operating system is ideal for people who know little about tech. We offer great Support both here and within the operating system itself. You got this far, you installed Linux Lite. That to some people is the hardest part of all of this. After you've installed Firefox via @firenice03 advice, click on Menu, Favorites, Help Manual. It's a great place to get acquainted with Linux Lite.

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2022, 03:33:57 PM »

firenice03

• Rockin' the FREE World
  • Global Moderator
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: AMD E2//Atom X5//AMD Phenom II X2

• VIDEO CARD: AMD Mullin Radeon R2//Intel//AMD/ATI RS880

Tnx for replying but it seems like I'm just too stupid for this, I don't understand what they're saying at all in there, I don't get what a snap package is, I don't get why it's so hard to just download smth, no matter how much faster this makes a computer than windows, it's genuinely frustrated me so much over installing firefox I cried, and it seems this operating system is not for people who know 0 about tech, it seems more like smth ppl who know about computers would use. I think I just might install lubuntu instead bcs it already has firefox and I won't have to learn 12 million things to use it.

@bookmunchies

The EASIEST way...
Open Lite Software - can type this in the menu/start window..
Once open - click install - then select the app/apps you want to install - click next and done :
LL4.8 UEFI 64 bit ASUS E402W - AMD E2 (Quad) 1.5Ghz  - 4GB - AMD Mullins Radeon R2
LL5.8 UEFI 64 bit Test UEFI Kangaroo (Mobile Desktop) - Atom X5-Z8500 1.44Ghz - 2GB - Intel HD Graphics
LL4.8 64 bit HP 6005- AMD Phenom II X2 - 8GB - AMD/ATI RS880 (HD4200)
LL3.8 32 bit Dell Inspiron Mini - Atom N270 1.6Ghz - 1GB - Intel Mobile 945GSE Express  -- Shelved
BACK LL5.8 64 bit Dell Optiplex 160 (Thin) - Atom 230 1.6Ghz - 4GB-SiS 771/671 PCIE VGA - Print Server
Running Linux Lite since LL2.2

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2022, 02:41:25 PM »

bookmunchies

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
@bookmunchies
FF used to be the default browser in LL, but FF changed howbits packaged....

There are 2 ways to install...
Both have pros and cons.. but it is FF...

FF is now a snap package.. you can you Lite Software to install FF but it will install snap..
Also look at Lite Software for other preferred apps...

The 2nd way is via the cli as a PPA...
The full instruction can be found in the release notes here...
https://www.linuxliteos.com/forums/release-announcements/linux-lite-6-0-final-released/msg58380/#msg58380

The snap info is so referenced in the link above...

Tnx for replying but it seems like I'm just too stupid for this, I don't understand what they're saying at all in there, I don't get what a snap package is, I don't get why it's so hard to just download smth, no matter how much faster this makes a computer than windows, it's genuinely frustrated me so much over installing firefox I cried, and it seems this operating system is not for people who know 0 about tech, it seems more like smth ppl who know about computers would use. I think I just might install lubuntu instead bcs it already has firefox and I won't have to learn 12 million things to use it.

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2022, 12:06:29 PM »

firenice03

• Rockin' the FREE World
  • Global Moderator
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: AMD E2//Atom X5//AMD Phenom II X2

• VIDEO CARD: AMD Mullin Radeon R2//Intel//AMD/ATI RS880

@bookmunchies
FF used to be the default browser in LL, but FF changed howbits packaged....

There are 2 ways to install...
Both have pros and cons.. but it is FF...

FF is now a snap package.. you can you Lite Software to install FF but it will install snap..
Also look at Lite Software for other preferred apps...

The 2nd way is via the cli as a PPA...
The full instruction can be found in the release notes here...
https://www.linuxliteos.com/forums/release-announcements/linux-lite-6-0-final-released/msg58380/#msg58380

The snap info is so referenced in the link above...

LL4.8 UEFI 64 bit ASUS E402W - AMD E2 (Quad) 1.5Ghz  - 4GB - AMD Mullins Radeon R2
LL5.8 UEFI 64 bit Test UEFI Kangaroo (Mobile Desktop) - Atom X5-Z8500 1.44Ghz - 2GB - Intel HD Graphics
LL4.8 64 bit HP 6005- AMD Phenom II X2 - 8GB - AMD/ATI RS880 (HD4200)
LL3.8 32 bit Dell Inspiron Mini - Atom N270 1.6Ghz - 1GB - Intel Mobile 945GSE Express  -- Shelved
BACK LL5.8 64 bit Dell Optiplex 160 (Thin) - Atom 230 1.6Ghz - 4GB-SiS 771/671 PCIE VGA - Print Server
Running Linux Lite since LL2.2

how to install firefox?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2022, 10:32:15 AM »

bookmunchies

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
I've been trying to install firefox but it's not working, I just switched over from windows and fr why is it so complicated to just download a browser I'm crying. I go to the site and click download but it doesn't do it normally, it downloads a file instead of the little firefox icon, and when I click on it it's just a list of what the file contains. When I ggld it there was a way to do it thru a package manager, so I went ahead and searched what that was and when I found it on the pc  I clicked on the firefox with a little sun next to it and installed that bcs there was a whole bunch of firefox there, it says it's installed but it's nowhere? I really don't know what's happening. Please note that I'm tech stupid so make it really simple. I'd post a screenshot but idk how.

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section