Software - Support > Installing Software

how to install firefox?

(1/2) > >>

vint:
@bookmunchies,
Stay calm, I understand how you feel but time with LL will take care of that.  Read the manual, all of it and search the forum for the answers, Serban helped me install Thunderbird mail before Ubuntu released it and it works great as does FireFox on LL 5.8 for me.  Immerse yourself in Linux Lite, learn how to use the terminal as Jerry has all of the code you need to get things done in the manual.  Go through the tutorials it is a good place to start, I've been on LL since the end of February 2021 and came from a lifelong use of Windows and it has been difficult and at times frustrating.  There are many people here on the LL forum that will help you, Linux Lite is the best OS to learn on and in my humble novice opinion at least on my old machine is the best OS. 

Best regards,

trinidad:

--- Quote ---it says it's installed but it's nowhere
--- End quote ---
The Firefox icon might not appear in the lower panel after installation. Look for it at Menu>Internet>. Otherwise open (click on) your Xfce terminal (in the lower panel) and type in firefox at the prompt.

--- Quote ---I just might install lubuntu
--- End quote ---
Good luck and happy bugs with that. If you can't figure out Xfce, Lxqt is going to put you over the edge. Ronnie is stil using Ubuntu 20.04 at Lxle because of Lubuntu changing from Lxde to Lxqt.

TC

Jerry:
The operating system is ideal for people who know little about tech. We offer great Support both here and within the operating system itself. You got this far, you installed Linux Lite. That to some people is the hardest part of all of this. After you've installed Firefox via @firenice03 advice, click on Menu, Favorites, Help Manual. It's a great place to get acquainted with Linux Lite.

firenice03:

--- Quote from: bookmunchies on November 05, 2022, 02:41:25 PM ---
Tnx for replying but it seems like I'm just too stupid for this, I don't understand what they're saying at all in there, I don't get what a snap package is, I don't get why it's so hard to just download smth, no matter how much faster this makes a computer than windows, it's genuinely frustrated me so much over installing firefox I cried, and it seems this operating system is not for people who know 0 about tech, it seems more like smth ppl who know about computers would use. I think I just might install lubuntu instead bcs it already has firefox and I won't have to learn 12 million things to use it.

--- End quote ---

@bookmunchies

The EASIEST way...
Open Lite Software - can type this in the menu/start window..
Once open - click install - then select the app/apps you want to install - click next and done :

bookmunchies:

--- Quote from: firenice03 on November 05, 2022, 12:06:29 PM ---@bookmunchies
FF used to be the default browser in LL, but FF changed howbits packaged....

There are 2 ways to install...
Both have pros and cons.. but it is FF...

FF is now a snap package.. you can you Lite Software to install FF but it will install snap..
Also look at Lite Software for other preferred apps...

The 2nd way is via the cli as a PPA...
The full instruction can be found in the release notes here...
https://www.linuxliteos.com/forums/release-announcements/linux-lite-6-0-final-released/msg58380/#msg58380

The snap info is so referenced in the link above...

--- End quote ---

Tnx for replying but it seems like I'm just too stupid for this, I don't understand what they're saying at all in there, I don't get what a snap package is, I don't get why it's so hard to just download smth, no matter how much faster this makes a computer than windows, it's genuinely frustrated me so much over installing firefox I cried, and it seems this operating system is not for people who know 0 about tech, it seems more like smth ppl who know about computers would use. I think I just might install lubuntu instead bcs it already has firefox and I won't have to learn 12 million things to use it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version