You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

How do I instal or use Evernote on Linux Lite?

Author (Read 5445 times)

Re: How do I instal or use Evernote on Linux Lite?
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2014, 06:28:28 AM »

N4RPS

• Donator
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Knows JUST ENOUGH Linux to be DANGEROUS
    • View Profile
    • Orphans for Christ, Self Advocates of Mecklenburg

• CPU: Several Different 32-bit & 64-bit CPUs, 2-8 GB RAM

• MEMORY: 8Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Several Different AMD and Intel GPUs
Hello!

Everpad appears to offer a greatly reduced functionality set compared to the Windows version of Evernote.

In addition to access through Evernote's Web site, there is another program for Linux, called Nevernote (NixNote), that functions more closely to the way the Windows version does. Both 32-bit and 64-bit .DEB versions, which can be installed with GDebi, are available for download here:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/nevernote/files/Current/

You may want to read this file, downloadable as a PDF, that explains the differences (and suggested workarounds) between Nevernote/NixNote and the Windows version of Evernote:

https://www.evernote.com/pub/baumgarr/nevernote#b=2dee229e-bc57-4e15-8f8c-acf51030ba6a&st=p&n=2188645a-5d94-48e5-b53c-ead02ccd16cc

Hope this helps...

73 DE N4RPS
Rob

« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 06:40:26 AM by N4RPS »

A gun in your hand is worth more than a whole police force on the phone.

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2014, 01:54:07 AM »

davidatscpc

Hi Valtam,

Thanks for that info.  I've just installed Linux Lite today and have typed in the above info into the terminal, which seemed to work.  How do I access my Evernote account now and log in to access my notes now?  When I open Everpad all I see is a box with "Everpad/All notes" at the top and "Notebook" and "Note" on the left side.  I can't see where to go into Everpad settings and management to sign in to my Evernote account.  Do I need to download Evernote still?  If so, how do I do that on my LL CPU?

Thanks,
David

« Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 05:56:28 AM by davidatscpc »

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2014, 11:45:23 PM »

Jerry

• Linux Lite Creator
  • Administrator
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • Linux Lite OS

• CPU: Intel Core i9-10850K CPU @ 3.60GHz

• MEMORY: 32Gb

• VIDEO CARD: nVidia GeForce GTX 1650

• Kernel: 5.x
It is better to use native apps that do the same job, try this to install Everpad.
Open a terminal, do one command at a time:

Code: [Select]
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:nvbn-rm/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install everpad

How do I instal or use Evernote on Linux Lite?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2014, 10:41:58 PM »

davidatscpc

Hi everyone,

I currently use Evernote on my Windows 7 PC and my Android smartphone.  I'm thinking of putting Linux Lite on my old PC that currently has Windows XP on it and completely wiping the hard drive.  If I do this, how can I use Evernote on my Linux Lite PC?  Should I use Everpad?  Do I just go to http://linux.softpedia.com/get/Utilities/Everpad-96169.shtml and download the file?  If not, can someone please point me to some step by step instructions on how to do this?  Many thanks!

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section