You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

How do I change the default file manager?

Author (Read 3633 times)

Re: How do I change the default file manager?
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2021, 01:39:55 PM »

Tyrannocaster

• Forum Regular
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: e5300

• MEMORY: 6Gb

• Kernel: 5.x
That works! I had some trouble with the case sensitivity at first; it wouldn't accept Nemo but "nemo" works. Thanks so much. Now I can see if Nemo is worthwhile.

Re: How do I change the default file manager?
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2021, 12:14:17 PM »

Moltke

• Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: amd athlon 64 x2

• MEMORY: 4Gb

• VIDEO CARD: amd radeon hd 6750

I know it's possible, because I did it a few years ago when I started using LL. I can't remember how to do it and searching the form has not given me an answer, perhaps because I didn't use the right terms, but I've tried several. I wanted to try Nemo, and it works but I have to launch it separately each time. I don't even know if I would want to keep it as the default because it's so clumsy to do this way.

You need to make it the default file manager. Go to Settings and look for Preferred Applications, locate File Manager and change for Nemo. That's it.

Hope this helps! :)
Without each others help there ain't no hope for us :)
Need a translation service? https://www.deepl.com/es/translator

How do I change the default file manager?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2021, 11:01:25 AM »

Tyrannocaster

• Forum Regular
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: e5300

• MEMORY: 6Gb

I know it's possible, because I did it a few years ago when I started using LL. I can't remember how to do it and searching the form has not given me an answer, perhaps because I didn't use the right terms, but I've tried several. I wanted to try Nemo, and it works but I have to launch it separately each time. I don't even know if I would want to keep it as the default because it's so clumsy to do this way.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2021, 12:41:00 AM by Jerry »

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section