You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Thunderbird email authentication problem

Author (Read 3996 times)

Re: Thunderbird email authentication problem
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2019, 08:47:04 AM »

trinidad

• Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • dbts-analytics.com

• CPU: i7 4 cores 8 threads

• MEMORY: 16Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel HD graphics

• Kernel: 5.x
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/thunderbird-and-comcast
https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/setting-up-thunderbird

Perhaps one of these will help. If not, since Comcast seems to work on LL 2.2 for you and not LL 4.x,  it is likely that Comcast is not particularly secure by modern standards, or up to date with the latest web extension standards. You should still be able to get Thunderbird in LL4.x to connect. I would try again and pay attention to any error messages. The link below seems to indicate that Comcast is a problem in general and indicates a workaround.

https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2406399

TC
« Last Edit: October 23, 2019, 09:07:58 AM by trinidad »
All opinions expressed and all advice given by Trinidad Cruz on this forum are his responsibility alone and do not necessarily reflect the views or methods of the developers of Linux Lite. He is a citizen of the United States where it is acceptable to occasionally be uninformed and inept as long as you pay your taxes.

Thunderbird email authentication problem
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2019, 01:28:57 AM »

Boydg1

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: intel core 2

• MEMORY: 1Gb
Hello everyone, I've been using Linuxlite on and off for years. I guess you might say I have been waiting for a satisfactory virus program and or VPN to come along so I could go full time. After reading all the info here on this site it appears my apprehensions are not that well founded. Anyhow, I am glade to be a member now and look forward to contributing :) . My challenge today is I loaded ver. 4.6, 64bit on a intel 64bit laptop and all went well except when I loaded Thunderbird, It told me it could NOT get verification from Comcast and to check my user name and or pass word -
 tried a number of times and each time the same response. I checked my mail on Comcast server and all is well, even changed my pass word. After trying a number of approaches including "netcat" which came back as "0" and Linuxlite 4.0. I installed an earlier verson of linuxlite ver. 2.2, 64bit and my Thunderbird E-mail is working fine. What I do not know is were the problem is, is it the later verson (4.6) of Linuxlite or is it Thunderbird or a combo of both? Looking forward to your insight into this and  once again I thank you all for allowing me to be a participating member. 
« Last Edit: December 01, 2019, 08:48:25 PM by firenice03 »

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section