You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Hplip doesn't install proprietary plugin.

Author (Read 7444 times)

Re: Hplip doesn't install proprietary plugin.
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2019, 06:23:40 AM »

Jerry

• Linux Lite Creator
  • Administrator
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • Linux Lite OS

• CPU: Intel Core i9-10850K CPU @ 3.60GHz

• MEMORY: 32Gb

• VIDEO CARD: nVidia GeForce GTX 1650

• Kernel: 5.x
hplip already comes in LL preinstalled. So now you've probably got corruption issues by trying to install a different version via a different method.

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2019, 03:40:36 AM »

tozman

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: i7

• MEMORY: 16Gb

• VIDEO CARD: gtx1070
Hello,

I have a printer that requires a proprietary plugin too, and until now i had to manually run "hp-plugin" to be able to download the plugin.

If the plugin comes with a ".run" file, you can try to make it executable and it may work.

If it doesn't help, I'll try to do it again on my side... I don't do it that often.

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2018, 11:23:22 PM »

ArbolE

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: athlon x2 250

• MEMORY: 3Gb
Not sure as to how you've installed but... heres some info for HP printers from the help manual..
Ok thank you I followed the instructions but HPLIP toolbox doesn't recognize my device, I have to set it up via terminal and it always ends up showing the errors that I referenced in my first post.

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2018, 10:17:24 PM »

firenice03

• Rockin' the FREE World
  • Global Moderator
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: AMD E2//Atom X5//AMD Phenom II X2

• MEMORY: 4Gb

• VIDEO CARD: AMD Mullin Radeon R2//Intel//AMD/ATI RS880

• Kernel: 5.x
Not sure as to how you've installed but... heres some info for HP printers from the help manual..

https://www.linuxliteos.com/manual/hardware.html#hpprinters
May be a good start..
LL4.8 UEFI 64 bit ASUS E402W - AMD E2 (Quad) 1.5Ghz  - 4GB - AMD Mullins Radeon R2
LL5.8 UEFI 64 bit Test UEFI Kangaroo (Mobile Desktop) - Atom X5-Z8500 1.44Ghz - 2GB - Intel HD Graphics
LL4.8 64 bit HP 6005- AMD Phenom II X2 - 8GB - AMD/ATI RS880 (HD4200)
LL3.8 32 bit Dell Inspiron Mini - Atom N270 1.6Ghz - 1GB - Intel Mobile 945GSE Express  -- Shelved
BACK LL5.8 64 bit Dell Optiplex 160 (Thin) - Atom 230 1.6Ghz - 4GB-SiS 771/671 PCIE VGA - Print Server
Running Linux Lite since LL2.2

Hplip doesn't install proprietary plugin.
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2018, 09:51:56 PM »

ArbolE

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: athlon x2 250

• MEMORY: 3Gb
I've been trying to install hplip for quite a while so I can use my LaserJet m1132 printer, but I've been unsuccesful. At first it failed to install the proprietary plugin from the HP servers, with this message displayed: "Plugin download failed with error code = 4". I uninstalled it and installed it again several times including cups to no avail, then I tried to install the plugin manually from the openprinting archive but it displayed this message: "error: Python gobject/dbus may be not installed error: Plug-in install failed." What am I supposed to do to fix this issue? When I try to print it says that it can't communicate with the printer. I'm new to the linuxlite community and I still don't have much experience, when I was using lubuntu the printer worked fine after a little bit of work installing everything so I know it's possible to make it work on linux.
Thank you for your help.

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section