You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Dropbox failure

Author (Read 2102 times)

Re: Dropbox failure
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2019, 12:10:23 AM »

Dale Easley

• New to Forums
    • View Profile
Wow.  Thanks for pointing this out to me.  I'll explore it and see, though the error message that it says I would get about "unlinking devices" hasn't shown up yet.  Still, I'm definitely over the three device limit.

Re: Dropbox failure
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2019, 07:48:01 PM »

supergamer

• Forum Regular
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: AMD Phenom 565

• MEMORY: 12Gb

• VIDEO CARD: 550 ti
I do not know if this applies to you but please read this link as it might not have anything to do with any operating system.

https://hardware.slashdot.org/story/19/03/14/1448214/dropbox-now-limits-free-users-to-3-devices

Dropbox failure
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2019, 06:57:13 PM »

Dale Easley

• New to Forums
    • View Profile
Sometime recently, perhaps after updating using the opening menu, Dropbox stopped syncing.  No icon showed up, and "dropbox status" from the terminalindicated it wasn't started. Now would it.  I removed, then reinstalled using the Lite Software option.  No luck.  Then I deleted all the dropbox directories, including the hidden one and reinstalled.  No luck.  I get as far as running "dropbox start -i" and downloading the daemon, and it appears to download successfully, but then it fails to launch the subsequent request for my account credentials.  No error message.  Nothing,  Any ideas?  I have Linux Lite on three other old laptops with no problems.  BTW, I obviously appreciate Linux Lite, and it has increased my disrespect for Windows.  Thank you for your efforts.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2019, 12:32:11 AM by Jerry »

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section