You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

dependency not satisfiable libssl

Author (Read 4265 times)

Re: dependency not satisfiable libssl
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2020, 07:42:41 AM »

nashtrik

• New to Forums
    • View Profile
Thanks for the reply. I found a new version of the software which required libssl 1.0.2. I googled it out,found it in packages.debian.org..downloaded and installed from the ftp: site with same Gdebi. running smoothly.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2020, 07:47:06 AM by nashtrik »

Re: dependency not satisfiable libssl
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2020, 05:01:15 AM »

Şerban S.

• Şerban
  • PayPal Supporter
  • I come here a lot
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • Forum

• CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-4790

• MEMORY: 16Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel® HD Graphics 4600 + NVidia GK107 (GeForce GT630 OEM)

• Kernel: 5.x
While installing a .deb package with Gdebi, i get the following message..[dependency is not satisfiable libssl1.0.0(>=1.0.0)]. How can this be resolved?I am running latest 5.0 version and libssl version is 1.1.1.Kindly consider the fact  that I am a non-techie and not so command line savvy...though I am not entirely new to linux. I am running this from a 64GB USB 2 Flash drive..full installation. Thanks
As far as I know, this kind of message is generated by GDebi if you want to install an old App that lacks the proper version of a library, due to deprecation.
In your case, the App requires an older library and GDebi never overwrites older libs over the new ones and that is why you got this message.
Ask Jerry for help on installing two different versions of the same lib(s): Is it possible without breaking the system?, or try to find a replacement for the App, that has an Ubuntu 20.04 version on the download page.
Another approach is to use an AppImage version, if available. This might work.
"It's easy to die for an idea. It's way harder TO LIVE for your idea!"
Current Machine:
 Dell Precision T1700, 16 GB RAM, SSD Kingston A400, 480 GB.
Laptop:
 ASUS X200MA , Intel® Celeron® N2830, 2 GB RAM, SSD Kingston A400, 480 GB.

dependency not satisfiable libssl
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2020, 09:57:27 AM »

nashtrik

• New to Forums
    • View Profile
While installing a .deb package with Gdebi, i get the following message..[dependency is not satisfiable libssl1.0.0(>=1.0.0)]. How can this be resolved?I am running latest 5.0 version and libssl version is 1.1.1.Kindly consider the fact  that I am a non-techie and not so command line savvy...though I am not entirely new to linux. I am running this from a 64GB USB 2 Flash drive..full installation. Thanks
« Last Edit: June 27, 2020, 07:47:23 AM by nashtrik »

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section