You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

audio converters

Author (Read 2668 times)

Re: audio converters
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2016, 11:44:27 AM »

silvertabbies

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
Many thanks Jerry, that works just fine.  Have used VLC before but never realized it could do that...

regards

Re: audio converters
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2016, 08:18:18 AM »

Jerry

• Linux Lite Creator
  • Administrator
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • Linux Lite OS

• CPU: Intel Core i9-10850K CPU @ 3.60GHz

• MEMORY: 32Gb

• VIDEO CARD: nVidia GeForce GTX 1650

• Kernel: 5.x
Use VLC (already installed)

Go to Media — > Convert/Save — > Now, in the file tab add your source video/audio file which you intend to convert.
After Adding your file, click on the small “down arrow” mark on the Convert/Save button and Select “Convert”.
Now specify the conversion format in the “Profile” drop down, click the Tool icon, then Audio tab, set your bitrate etc, specify the destination file to save the convert file.
Click on “Start”, Your video/audio conversion will be started! and after conversion the converted file will be available in the destination source.

audio converters
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2016, 06:34:02 AM »

silvertabbies

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
Hi I am new to Linux.  I am trying to find an audio converter - something to convert flac to mp3 and also change bit rates of existing mp3s. I want a graphical interface and not a script. I have looked in the Synaptic Package Manager and soundconverter seems suitable - but it says it's a gnome application.  Will it run on Linux Lite? That has confused me as I have standard linux lite 2.8 which I rightly or wrongly assume has no Gnome desktop.  The similar named soundkonverter says it's a frontend for KDE which again I'm confused about.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 11:42:48 AM by silvertabbies »

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section