You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Firefox addons all fail

Author (Read 4250 times)

Re: Firefox addons all fail
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2019, 12:43:01 PM »

torreydale

• PayPal Supporter
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • * Forum Moderator *
    • View Profile

• CPU: Intel i5-3230M (4) @ 3.200GHz

• MEMORY: 16Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel 3rd Gen Core processor Graphics

• Kernel: 5.x
@Tyrannocaster ,

Since this is not a Linux Lite issue, but instead a Firefox issue that will be remedied in the background, please close this thread by marking it as Solved.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2019, 12:45:31 PM by torreydale »
Want to thank me?  Click my [Thank] link.

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2019, 11:59:55 AM »

Tyrannocaster

• Forum Regular
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: e5300

• MEMORY: 6Gb

No, I didn't see that. I enabled Studies as it says and will see what happens. For a lot of people on that page you linked to, it seems not to have worked.

Fingers crossed; thanks.

EDIT: The hotfix appeared almost right away and now the addons are working again. So I've disabled the Studies and so far, they are still working. Whew!

Thanks so much. Fingers still crossed, though.  8)
« Last Edit: May 04, 2019, 12:18:40 PM by Tyrannocaster »

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2019, 11:46:15 AM »

trinidad

• Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • dbts-analytics.com

• CPU: i7 4 cores 8 threads

• MEMORY: 16Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel HD graphics

All opinions expressed and all advice given by Trinidad Cruz on this forum are his responsibility alone and do not necessarily reflect the views or methods of the developers of Linux Lite. He is a citizen of the United States where it is acceptable to occasionally be uninformed and inept as long as you pay your taxes.

Firefox addons all fail
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2019, 09:50:41 AM »

Tyrannocaster

• Forum Regular
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: e5300

• MEMORY: 6Gb

just upgraded my system like I do every week. Suddenly, NONE of my Firefox addons, extensions, plugins, whatever, work. So NoScript, Privacy Badger, none of my ad blockers, not even the visual themes I had work. When I try to reinstall any of them I get an error message that says "Download failed. Please check your connection." which is silly - the connection is fine; I mean, I'm posting this.  :)

Has anybody else had issues with this? Firefox itself did not appear to upgrade during the upgrade process, but something is really wrong here. Current version is 66.

EDIT: looks like there are lots and lots of people with this problem: https://github.com/mozilla/addons/issues/978

Sure hope they do something about this soon!

EDIT 2: looks like it wasn't the system upgrade that did it, just Firefox itself messing up. Apparently this thing had a time switch that flipped and bingo; man, there are a LOT of unhappy people! https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=19823465
« Last Edit: May 05, 2019, 03:08:10 AM by Jerry »

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section