You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

USB Boot Preview, Keyboard nonfunctional

Author (Read 3986 times)

Re: USB Boot Preview, Keyboard nonfunctional
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2019, 05:53:42 AM »

torreydale

• PayPal Supporter
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • * Forum Moderator *
    • View Profile

• CPU: Intel i5-3230M (4) @ 3.200GHz

• MEMORY: 16Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel 3rd Gen Core processor Graphics

• Kernel: 5.x
@TheTechPriest ,

I don't think this is a NumLock issue since you have a separate numbers keypad.  This could be a graphics driver issue or a secure boot uefi issue.  If you have Nvidia, consider looking into solutions involving your model and Nvidia.  Or consider installing the Uefi version of Linux Lite.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2019, 05:55:21 AM by torreydale »
Want to thank me?  Click my [Thank] link.

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2019, 10:23:02 PM »

TheTechPriest

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
Lite Tweaks does nothing - every time the computer is rebooted, any changes made to Lite Tweaks/etc. are reset to defaults.

My computer's BIOS has no way of toggling number lock from there.

Unfortunately, I don't have a second keyboard to work with.

I CAN'T install it.  Not only do I get the spinny dots that just freeze thirty seconds in to whatever they're doing, it's still a moot point since a lack of a keyboard means I can't connect to my home Wi-Fi network.  Not sure what LIVEUSB is, made my USB boot key via Etcher as the guide suggested.

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2019, 10:03:26 PM »

firenice03

• Rockin' the FREE World
  • Global Moderator
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: AMD E2//Atom X5//AMD Phenom II X2

• MEMORY: 4Gb

• VIDEO CARD: AMD Mullin Radeon R2//Intel//AMD/ATI RS880

• Kernel: 5.x
Can try Num Lock(enable/disable) within Lite Tweaks --- though looks as is if tried.... Bios???

Perhaps trying with a USB keyboard? to rule out...
When installing you choose default US keyboards??
And if I re-read.. is this with the LiveUSB - "testing" not installed??? If so, the LIVE USB is not persistent, a reboot will revert back, Lite Tweaks/inbstalls/etc.  wont work after a reboot..

Could try installing... It is a great OS :)
« Last Edit: July 28, 2019, 10:12:32 PM by firenice03 »
LL4.8 UEFI 64 bit ASUS E402W - AMD E2 (Quad) 1.5Ghz  - 4GB - AMD Mullins Radeon R2
LL5.8 UEFI 64 bit Test UEFI Kangaroo (Mobile Desktop) - Atom X5-Z8500 1.44Ghz - 2GB - Intel HD Graphics
LL4.8 64 bit HP 6005- AMD Phenom II X2 - 8GB - AMD/ATI RS880 (HD4200)
LL3.8 32 bit Dell Inspiron Mini - Atom N270 1.6Ghz - 1GB - Intel Mobile 945GSE Express  -- Shelved
BACK LL5.8 64 bit Dell Optiplex 160 (Thin) - Atom 230 1.6Ghz - 4GB-SiS 771/671 PCIE VGA - Print Server
Running Linux Lite since LL2.2

USB Boot Preview, Keyboard nonfunctional
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2019, 09:52:49 PM »

TheTechPriest

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
Computer is an ASUS GL703V laptop w/ attached keyboard, Linux Lite 4.4

Been wanting to get into Linux for a while now, finally decided to get off my duff and get around to it.  A bit of research has made me want to start with Linux Lite.  Simple enough, slap the .iso on a spare USB drive, boot from my drive, give the preview a test drive to see if I like it, all's well right?  Except, no.

The keyboard doesn't work.  At all.  I have no idea if it's a numberlock issue, but ZERO of the fixes I found here work so far.  Fn plus any key doesn't enable it, in fact Fn+F5 through Fn+F12 just makes the mouse float to the top of the screen.  Num Lk, Shift+Num Lk, Fn+Num Lk, Fn+F11+Scroll lock, Ctrl plus any F* key, Fn+Shift+Num Lk.  None of the keybinds to turn off numberlock work.  Going through Lite Tweaks or Keyboard settings to disable numberlock doesn't work either, as since it's a preview it resets itself every time I reboot my computer.  I'm trying to get all issues solved in the preview, not only because that means there's a high chance I'll get the actual thing to work but also because I kinda need my keyboard to sign into my home network so I can connect to the internet to install the thing in the first place.

Does anyone else have any other solutions I can try?  I've been here for the past five hours trying to get my keyboard to do anything that isn't float my mouse to the top of the screen, and I'm about to throw in the towel and try another distro.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2019, 10:14:11 PM by firenice03 »

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section