Software - Support > Installing Linux Lite

System freeze-up

(1/6) > >>

Artim:
Try out the Xfce flavor. It may be better on resources than the standard Mint. But I still think preserving the /home partition is what messed you up, @lintek . It has all your old desktop settings and stuff, and saving them from one distro to another can foul up any desktop.

lintek:
At least for now I am abandoning this thread - I fixed the problem by installing Linux Mint.

I haven't ever spent much time with Mint and since LL doesn't like my computer right now (and Mint does) I will see how this works for me.  I really appreciate all of the help from you guys and I'm not going anywhere because I have a few computers with  LL on them.

THANKS!

lintek:
Ok - I will try when I have a bit of time.  I do appreciate all of your help!

Moltke:

--- Quote from: lintek on May 13, 2021, 12:59:57 AM ---What I am saying is I did hit CTRL+ALT+F1 and I did NOT get the terminal.  The cursor disappeared and that was it.  I had to reboot.

--- End quote ---

Hmmm ... Well, try with Ctrl + Alt + F3 you have 6 TTYs to open from F1-F6. Maybe F1 was busy. However, like I said, give it a few seconds for the TTY to start, just don't reboot right away. If you can't do that, open a file manager, navigate to /var/log/, locate the messages file and copy it to your /home directory, and attach the file in your reply.

lintek:
What I am saying is I did hit CTRL+ALT+F1 and I did NOT get the terminal.  The cursor disappeared and that was it.  I had to reboot.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version