You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

HUGE: Ubuntu 20.10 Adding Active Directory Support To The Installer

Author (Read 3517 times)

Re: HUGE: Ubuntu 20.10 Adding Active Directory Support To The Installer
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2020, 08:08:48 AM »

TheDead

• Gold Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Worshipper
    • View Profile
    • My OpenDesktop Projects

• CPU: HAL9000

• MEMORY: 2Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Quantum State VR v.3

• Kernel: 4.x
Wonder if it will work with the Univention "active-directory compatible" server distro...Full Linux with AD domain, interesting...https://distrowatch.com/table.php?distribution=univention

- TheDead (TheUxNo0b)

If my blabbering was helpful, please click my [Thank] link.

HUGE: Ubuntu 20.10 Adding Active Directory Support To The Installer
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2020, 03:23:08 AM »

Jerry

• Linux Lite Creator
  • Administrator
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • Linux Lite OS

• CPU: Intel Core i9-10850K CPU @ 3.60GHz

• MEMORY: 32Gb

• VIDEO CARD: nVidia GeForce GTX 1650

• Kernel: 5.x
The "Ubiquity" installer used by the Ubuntu desktop is set to feature Active Directory (AD) integration with the upcoming Ubuntu 20.10 release.

Given it's late in the cycle and past the feature freeze, a feature freeze exception was sought and granted for adding this optional Active Directory support to the Ubuntu desktop installer.

During the user setup process in Ubiquity is going to be support in Ubuntu 20.10 with support for enabling Active Directory for log-ins. When checked, the user can login to an Active Directory configuration on their network while still creating a local Ubuntu account for administration purposes. The Ubiquity installer user interface allows specifying the domain, administrator, and password as well as a test for the domain.

The change with the Active Directory support is approved and heading into Ubuntu 20.10.

Ubuntu 20.10 is due for release next month with OpenZFS improvements, Linux 5.8 kernel usage, GNOME 3.38 desktop, and many other package updates.

Source - https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Ubuntu-20.10-Active-Directory

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section