Software - Support > Installing Linux Lite

Only scattered letters show in system menus

(1/2) > >>

N4RPS:
Hello!

Until I picked up an external USB CD/DVD burner of my own, I used to have to do that, also. I'm glad I did - both DVD drives on my PC don't want to work, even though I fixed the stretched drive belts on them.

Sometimes, for some reason, USB flash drive-installed LiveCDs seem to have issues - issues that make it easier to break out the external than to try and figure out why a flash drive install won't work properly.

As I continue to play around with creating my own LiveCDs, I just might trim some stuff from the 1.0.6 ISOs to get them down to below a too-big-for-CD size, and put them into cloud storage for you. When one really thinks about it, many things that come on them can be installed later, after the ISO is installed to hard disk...

73 DE N4RPS
Rob

XpRefugee:
N4RPS,
I would have rather been wrong LOL
It would save me some time in most cases since I have to open the computer to hook up a IDE DVD drive.  1.0.6 is working great on these old dells  that I have (Dimension 2350's).

N4RPS:

--- Quote from: XpRefugee on May 05, 2014, 09:51:42 AM ---N4RPS
Where did you find a 1.0.6 Iso that will fit on a cd rom??
--- End quote ---

Hello!

Doggone it if you didn't get me on that one! The only way for me to be right on this one would be if I removed something and created < CD-sized ISOs.

Actually, I'm currently working with someone else to create a MATE-based version of Ubuntu 12.04.4, and, ultimately, one based on 14.04. Of course, I'll do all I can to make 'em fit onto a 700MB CD.

I COULD go back and fix the post, I suppose, but I prefer to stand corrected. You've just earned your first reputation point...

73 DE N4RPS
Rob

XpRefugee:
I am just going to post  it here since linux lite has moved to its own forum.

Here is what I did becase to me it was not crystal clear so to make it super easy for any one else reading the post
I openeded Term and found out what I was running
Code:
cat /etc/*-release

My output
DISTRIB_ID=Ubuntu
DISTRIB_RELEASE=12.04
DISTRIB_CODENAME=precise
DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION="Ubuntu 12.04.4 LTS"
NAME="Ubuntu"
VERSION="12.04.4 LTS, Precise Pangolin"
ID=ubuntu
ID_LIKE=debian
PRETTY_NAME="Ubuntu precise (12.04.4 LTS)"
VERSION_ID="12.04"

So I am running 12.04.4 LTS, Precise Pangolin

I opened my web browser and went here

http://ppa.launchpad.net/noobslab/linuxlite/ubuntu/pool/main/l/
from there I clicked
lite-software-center/
picked the package that I needed output above sugessted precise
lite-software-center_1.0-013~precise~Noobslab.com_all
downloaded it after it finished
I double clicked the file (it is in /home/susie/Downloads by defalt where susie is your login name)
that opened the package installer and I selected intstall Package
and now it is there.

I went ahead and unistalled the lite user manger (JIC there was some difference)
liteusermanager_1.0-01062014.deb (it is in /home/susie/Downloads by defalt where susie is your login name)
double clicked slected Remove Package

then repeated the steps above but for lite user manger instead of lite software center.

XpRefugee:
N4RPS
Where did you find a 1.0.6 Iso that will fit on a cd rom??

bobdeconubuntu,
This
https://bbs.linuxdistrocommunity.com/showthread.php?tid=1867&page=2

will help if you go the 1.0.6 route

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version