You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Migrating from LL 3.8 to LL5.2 Can I Copy Desktop Setup

Author (Read 2190 times)

Re: Migrating from LL 3.8 to LL5.2 Can I Copy Desktop Setup
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2021, 07:46:07 AM »

mezzmer

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: AMD Turion ML-37

• MEMORY: 2Gb
I have been using LL 3.8 very hapily for the last couple of years, but it's almost EoL, so I need to migrate to LL5.2.

Is there any easy way to keep al the work I have done setting up the desktop colors/icons?

Three is also a really nice "feather"/gold background that comes up when the system boots before I get the log in greeter screen.  Any easy way to copy that over?

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can offer.

Thanks for the info.... Any ideas where the pictures for the main greeting are store in both version?  Also where I might look for documentation to give me some hints regarding setup?

I don't think it is possible, could be wrong though. LL 5.2 uses gtk3 while 3.8 is gtk2. I would try in a VM before first to see what settings are "savable" and which ones are not.

Re: Migrating from LL 3.8 to LL5.2 Can I Copy Desktop Setup
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2021, 06:53:48 AM »

Moltke

• Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: amd athlon 64 x2

• MEMORY: 4Gb

• VIDEO CARD: amd radeon hd 6750

• Kernel: 5.x
I have been using LL 3.8 very hapily for the last couple of years, but it's almost EoL, so I need to migrate to LL5.2.

Is there any easy way to keep al the work I have done setting up the desktop colors/icons?

Three is also a really nice "feather"/gold background that comes up when the system boots before I get the log in greeter screen.  Any easy way to copy that over?

I don't think it is possible, could be wrong though. LL 5.2 uses gtk3 while 3.8 is gtk2. I would try in a VM before first to see what settings are "savable" and which ones are not.
Without each others help there ain't no hope for us :)
Need a translation service? https://www.deepl.com/es/translator

Migrating from LL 3.8 to LL5.2 Can I Copy Desktop Setup
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2021, 05:22:41 AM »

mezzmer

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: AMD Turion ML-37

• MEMORY: 2Gb

« Last Edit: October 12, 2021, 11:04:33 PM by firenice03 »

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section