You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

LL2 not booting if one extended partition is formatted to FAT 32

Author (Read 17393 times)

Re: LL2 not booting if one extended partition is formatted to FAT 32
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2014, 10:55:11 AM »

gold_finger

• Documentation Writer
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: Intel Core2 Duo E7500 3.0GHz

• MEMORY: 4Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel 4 Series Integrated Graphics
Too difficult to figure out exactly what you are trying to do.  Please post back with your desired partition setup in a list-type form -- eg.  Partition -- Mount Point -- Format -- Partition Type.

Below is an example of how I'd like you to report what you are trying to do.  It is NOT a suggestion of how to do anything, because I don't know how you are trying to set anything up yet.

/dev/sdb1 -- / (root) -- Ext4 -- Primary partition
/dev/sdb2 -- none -- none -- Extended partition
/dev/sdb5 -- /home -- Ext4 -- Logical partition
/dev/sdb6 -- /Windows -- FAT32 -- Logical partition
Try Linux Beginner Search Engine for answers to Linux questions.

LL2 not booting if one extended partition is formatted to FAT 32
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2014, 06:08:04 AM »

arunp

Dear LL Team,

I have been successfully been installing LL2 in my USB & USB HDD and its working fine, except following issue;

1.When installed in USB HDD i configured one of the extended partition as FAT32 and gave the mount point as Windows the software installs and at reboot the grub runs and displays the standard LL boot options and then once booted to LL2 it goes blank further OS doesn't get loaded.

2.I reinstalled the same with all extended partitions as ext4 format it works fine.

I tried this n number of times the above 2 options the result was same, right now i working with the option 2, but i want to configure one of the partitions as FAT32.

Pl help me in this   

Arun

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section