You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

linuxliteos repo not found

Author (Read 3290 times)

Re: linuxliteos repo not found
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2019, 04:02:55 PM »

bitsnpcs

• Platinum Level Poster
    • View Profile
    • Try to Grow

• Kernel: 4.x
Hello zaivala,

in very general terms choose the shortest route, if you are in Germany and using a mirror in USA use VPN in USA, if changing VPN setting to server in Hong Kong use an Asia mirror.

Also to consider the VPN it can if changed reduce number of hops VPN makes to LL mirror, it wont change the number of hops from vpn downstream to your computer, different VPN locations could vary in number of hops. 
A route using more servers hops and in theory longer, is not always longer in time taken, if that route is having better performance, less traffic, or load on it, then it can be faster than a shorter number of hops that has heavy load.
It can depend on VPN servers handling/query (and processing) speed, can make it slower from Load, User count/data volume/traffic, and for example hour of the day on specific global routes load varies sometimes largely, note any slowing in your local time.
Experimenting with this yourself will provide the best answer for you/your location vs specific VPN and settings, for any given time of day or route v/s volume of data/traffic, you will find better routes for using at specific times, then you can tweak it to suit your needs.

Example if the bandwidth is fast and servers in the route from LL mirror to VPN in chosen country is fast, but the VPN service servers downstream from that country to your actual location of your computer is low bandwidth, or is over sold/subscribed/used, then it will arrive slower to your computer, not because of the LL mirror speed but because of the VPN speed, or the security service of your country and their measures for VPN users.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2019, 07:39:33 PM by bitsnpcs »

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2019, 05:57:31 PM »

zaivala

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: i5 u3320M

• MEMORY: 8Gb

• VIDEO CARD: intel
Hello zaivala,

it is covered in the Linux Lite manual -  https://www.linuxliteos.com/manual/software.html#updates

Under the heading "Change your software updates country location", also under "Lite Sources" heading a little more down the same page.

Thanks for the reply. I use VPN a lot, often in different countries. Do I need to change this every time (or change my VPN location to the set country)?

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2019, 12:15:01 AM »

Jerry

• Linux Lite Creator
  • Administrator
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • Linux Lite OS

• CPU: Intel Core i9-10850K CPU @ 3.60GHz

• MEMORY: 32Gb

• VIDEO CARD: nVidia GeForce GTX 1650

• Kernel: 5.x
Repo is back online.

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2019, 11:39:57 PM »

Jerry

• Linux Lite Creator
  • Administrator
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • Linux Lite OS

• CPU: Intel Core i9-10850K CPU @ 3.60GHz

• MEMORY: 32Gb

• VIDEO CARD: nVidia GeForce GTX 1650

• Kernel: 5.x
LL repo is down. Thank you for this post. I will get it sorted.

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2019, 05:54:24 PM »

bitsnpcs

• Platinum Level Poster
    • View Profile
    • Try to Grow

• Kernel: 4.x
Hello zaivala,

it is covered in the Linux Lite manual -  https://www.linuxliteos.com/manual/software.html#updates

Under the heading "Change your software updates country location", also under "Lite Sources" heading a little more down the same page.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2019, 05:56:12 PM by bitsnpcs »

linuxliteos repo not found
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2019, 05:45:28 PM »

zaivala

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: i5 u3320M

• MEMORY: 8Gb

• VIDEO CARD: intel
I just installed LinuxLite 4.4 64-bit on my Lenovo T430. Installation went smoothly, but updates failed due to not being able to find the linuxliteos repos. This also meant I could not continue to install Device Drivers (should not be any) or Set Restore Point, which could be critical. Returning to the welcome screen, no matter what I click opens Updates. (All other repos we're found, and I have no connection issues.)

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section