General > On Topic

Upgrade question

(1/2) > >>

Jerry:
6.0 June 2022, unless Canonical do something last minute :)

firenice03:

--- Quote from: stevef on January 28, 2022, 01:46:32 AM ---If previous cycles are followed, 5.8 is likely to be the final series 5 release so 5.6 to 5.8 will be the last in-series upgrade.

Linux Lite series 5 will get updates until end of support in April 2025.

I have no information about LL series 6 but previous cycles imply that 6.0 is likely to be released in June 2022.  If the release pattern is followed, moving to LL 6.0 will require a fresh install of the OS followed by re-installation of any extra applications and copying personal data across.

Hope this helps.

--- End quote ---

@Utat as  @stevef has mentioned... LL5.8 will be the last of the series.. Its an easy in place upgrade; Anything in a new series is a fresh install.

If curious of roadmap- - https://www.linuxliteos.com/download.php#roadmap
LL6.0 isnt listed as of yet but I'd say June timeframe is reasonable ;)

Utat:
Thank you so much. I got my answer and now have a understanding on the update procedure of LinuxLite.

stevef:
If previous cycles are followed, 5.8 is likely to be the final series 5 release so 5.6 to 5.8 will be the last in-series upgrade.

Linux Lite series 5 will get updates until end of support in April 2025.

I have no information about LL series 6 but previous cycles imply that 6.0 is likely to be released in June 2022.  If the release pattern is followed, moving to LL 6.0 will require a fresh install of the OS followed by re-installation of any extra applications and copying personal data across.

Hope this helps.

Utat:
Thank you so much for your detailed answer. Would you think that would be the same for next releases too if i upgrade my Linux constantly to the next release without missing one upgrade?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version