Software - Support > Installing Linux Lite

Linux Lite 3.0 asks for login password

<< < (4/5) > >>

BlueFox:
Yesterday installed LL3.0 and had the same problem about being asked for a password.

Fix: booted in safe mode, was not asked for your password, installed without issue.

However now  have another problem with updates.

Hope this helps someone.

:)

elitely:
I also had the same issue......

But I could log in after several attempts,and using different user names and passwords.....

I used the user name "ubuntu" and kept the password field 'blank',pressed enter two times......And it worked. I got this 'ubuntu' user name from the upper left corner of the login screen!

I booted the OS from usb,and I used 'YUMI' create the bootable usb..

Jerry:
Please read the release announcement thoroughly and you won't have these issues. Thank you.

--- Quote from: Linux Lite 3.0 Final Released ---We do not support: Rufus, Yumi and Multiboot.
--- End quote ---

https://www.linuxliteos.com/forums/release-announcements/linux-lite-3-0-final-released/

RobGoss:
Hello everyone I just loaded the live DVD and I'm being ask for a user name and password, is there one for the live session for me to login? this is strange

firenice03:

--- Quote from: RobGoss on August 28, 2016, 12:58:45 PM ---Hello everyone I just loaded the live DVD and I'm being ask for a user name and password, is there one for the live session for me to login? this is strange

--- End quote ---

If you look in the upper left it should display - typically this is the pc name.. But I believe its linux..
So user name is linux and pw is blank

If not try username admin and blank

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version