You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Linux Lite 2.0 Beta - Language Support

Author (Read 2811 times)

Re: Linux Lite 2.0 Beta - Language Support
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2014, 04:50:38 PM »

Jerry

• Linux Lite Creator
  • Administrator
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • Linux Lite OS

• CPU: Intel Core i9-10850K CPU @ 3.60GHz

• MEMORY: 32Gb

• VIDEO CARD: nVidia GeForce GTX 1650

• Kernel: 5.x
Thats one way to do it Scott, looks like you consulted the Help Manual :) The bottom line is that the LL menu is heavily modified, we've mentioned this numerous times. As such, some entries are funky after a language change. In LL 2.0 we hand edited the .desktop files in ~/.local/share/applications and took out all the locales to resolve this issue. The trouble is because we don't control the packages, these may get overwritten during updates. When you do a fresh install and choose UK as your language type, Help Manual and Install Updates SHOULD be untouched, this is why we call the release a beta :) We rely on feedback to help us refine the OS.

Linux Lite 2.0 Beta - Language Support
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2014, 01:25:12 PM »

Scott

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: Dual core Intel Core i3 M 330

• MEMORY: 6Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel Integrated Graphics
Some people had concerns about UK locale support:

Is there a fix in 2.0 for the "Locale Change" issue...
    Changing the locale to "English UK" causes the main menu items names for "Install Updates" & "Help Manual" to change.?

Did a virtualbox test on this using Lite 2.0 Beta 32bit. I'm in the states so I'm not exactly sure what to look for after the change to UK locale. The only change I noticed was "trash" changed to "rubbish" in the file manager. I didn't notice any main menu item changes for "install updates" or "help manual."

Here's what I changed:
language support > language tab > drag English (United Kingtom) to top of list
language support > regional formats > change "display numbers, dates, currency ... " field to English (UK)
apply system-wide

Did I do this correctly? If there's anything else I can test let me know.

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section