You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

laptop will not boot after trying to install LinuxLite

Author (Read 2726 times)

Re: laptop will not boot after trying to install LinuxLite
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2017, 08:36:07 PM »

gold_finger

• Documentation Writer
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: Intel Core2 Duo E7500 3.0GHz

• MEMORY: 4Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel 4 Series Integrated Graphics
Will it stay powered on if you boot with LL USB/DVD that you tried to install with?  Or does it happen no matter what you do?

If does power on with LL USB/DVD, go ahead and do install again.  If get error message try to write down exactly what it is and approximately what stage of the installation it happens in.  Let us know what happens.

If not, can you at least get into the Bios settings.  Maybe try resetting them to default values just to see if that makes any difference.  (Probably not, but try anyway.)

P.s.  Are you trying to install LL as only system, or will it be a dual boot with another OS?

P.s.s.  Just to cover all bases, have you got the laptop plugged-in?  (I'm sure this is a stupid question, but figured I'd ask anyway just in case battery is dead.)
« Last Edit: October 07, 2017, 08:38:03 PM by gold_finger »
Try Linux Beginner Search Engine for answers to Linux questions.

laptop will not boot after trying to install LinuxLite
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2017, 02:55:30 PM »

pavil58ll

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: Pentium 4

• MEMORY: 1Gb

• VIDEO CARD: ATI
Hello all. Looking for a pointer or two after having a failed install attempt of Linux Lite.

The laptop is an older one, A Dell Inspiron 8200. RAM is just 1GB, CPU is a Pentium 4. Originally it was running Windows XP but recently had Xubuntu installed. That didn't seem to run well so I tried to install Linux Lite.

During the install an error dialog box popped up indicating that the machine should be rebooted. It would not go through the reboot sequence so I held the power button down until it shut off.

I now have a laptop that will not stay powered up. It comes on, the optical drive spools up and then the system shuts down.

Suggestions?

TY.

pav
« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 02:41:18 AM by Jerry »

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section