You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Is there a way to update V1.0.8 to V2.0 without loosing partitions and data

Author (Read 3145 times)

bike_dad

Hi robert and thedman,
thanks for being interested. I think I have found the other thread you mentioned:

https://www.linuxliteos.com/forums/index.php?topic=143.0

And yes, robert, best thing to upgrade from 1.0.8 to 2.0 is to do a complete reinstall  :(
I will stay with V1.0.8 on my notebook and will enjoy V2.0 on my netbook.

robert

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• MEMORY: 2Gb
There is another thread that talks about this bit I'm not sure how to add the link here  :(

Anyway you have to do a full install post backing up data.

thedman

I am also wondering about this.

bike_dad

Hello community,
I started to use Linux with Linux Lite V1.0.8 some months ago - great distro for me as a user who wants to use a browser, a document editor and an email client and who is fed up with Microsoft's license policy and changing os system names....
Linux Lite is really easy to use and I installed the latest V2.0 on my netbook - what shall I say? It works perfectly and I would like to update this notebook with Linux Lite V1.08 to V2.0.
Attached you will find my notebook's system report - don't know if this is helpful.
On this machine is installed Linux Lite as well as Windows XP.
Is there a way to upgrade V1.0.8 to V2.0 without loosing all my partitions, data and installed programs?
I really appreciate your help.
Thanks in advance.

Robert

[attachment deleted by admin, more than 25 days old]

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section