You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Installing LL on emmc laptop

Author (Read 4582 times)

Re: Installing LL on emmc laptop
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2018, 05:08:30 AM »

bitsnpcs

• Platinum Level Poster
    • View Profile
    • Try to Grow

• Kernel: 4.x
Good to read you have it running now Acho  :)

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2018, 10:54:56 AM »

kpanic

• PayPal Supporter
  • Forum Regular
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: Core i5 M450

• MEMORY: 8Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Nvidia GT216
Ok so i managed to install successfully LL 3.2 UEFI edition and then update it to 3.8 no problems what so ever. Pretty happy now. Will hope to have 4.0 UEFI edition some day, but for now this is good enough.

Cheers

Nice to hear that, congrats!

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2018, 07:26:29 AM »

Acho

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
Ok so i managed to install successfully LL 3.2 UEFI edition and then update it to 3.8 no problems what so ever. Pretty happy now. Will hope to have 4.0 UEFI edition some day, but for now this is good enough.

Cheers

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2018, 05:13:36 AM »

Acho

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
The site you suggested talks about disabling Legacy mode and running in UEFI which LL 4.0 doesn't support. Also my laptop doesn't recognize the bootable USB in UEFI mode. Thanks for the suggestion anyways.

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2018, 10:47:23 PM »

kpanic

• PayPal Supporter
  • Forum Regular
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: Core i5 M450

• MEMORY: 8Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Nvidia GT216
Does your settings allow switching between UEFI and BIOS?
If so, I would switch off UEFI and try again

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2018, 10:07:06 PM »

bitsnpcs

• Platinum Level Poster
    • View Profile
    • Try to Grow

• Kernel: 4.x

Installing LL on emmc laptop
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2018, 04:18:12 PM »

Acho

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
Hi folks,
I really wanted to try LL 4.0 on my Asus TP200SA laptop, which has 32GB of emmc memory soldered to the board. It originally came with Windows 10 which is insane taking into account the amount of memory this device has.While ago I replaced the Windows with Kali linux for some time, but i really didn't use it as much as i once intended so i decided to swap it for LL 4.0 (64bit).

I made a bootable USB with Etcher and disabled security boot in the BIOS settings, also enabled SMC which to my understanding is like legacy mode. My laptop recognized the USB and i proceeded to test the live version (I fell in love, props for the developers) At that point i started installing LL with the provided installer. I chose Erase Everything, installation went smooth and without errors, but after i restarted the computer it went directly into BIOS and doesn't even show the emmc memory as a option to boot from.

I read here on the forum that other people are having this problem too, but couldn't solve it for myself so i decided to ask. I saw somewhere that i should add bootie32.efi to /boot/efi on the usb but i cant find such thing anywhere. I would really appreciate any help from you  kind people.

PS I also tried with LL 3.2 32Bit, LL 3.8 32bit and 64bit all without success, except for Kali linux lite 64bit but i used UEFI settings to install it.   

Best Regards,
Acho

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section