You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Installed but not booting ASUS E402SA

Author (Read 4293 times)

Re: Installed but not booting ASUS E402SA
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2019, 12:04:27 AM »

Jerry

• Linux Lite Creator
  • Administrator
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • Linux Lite OS

• CPU: Intel Core i9-10850K CPU @ 3.60GHz

• MEMORY: 32Gb

• VIDEO CARD: nVidia GeForce GTX 1650

• Kernel: 5.x
You don't need to run the OEM command unless you are an OEM manufacturer (as it states on the page) or you are prepping the laptop for sale.

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2019, 10:23:50 PM »

D_Blaze

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: Intel Celeron N3050 1.60GHz

• MEMORY: 2Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Mesa DRI Intel HD Graphics 400 (Braswell)
Hey,
yes thanks Jerry the UEFI version on the Downloads page worked a treat. Same process but didn't need to tweak the BIOS settings at all, just left it at default.
With this particular ASUS model the way to boot from the Linux Lite USB is to turn the computer off, then press and hold escape whilst turning the computer back on. Then you will be given the option of which disk to boot from (inc USB) so just choose the USB and it boots up the live environment.

I haven't yet  run oem-config-prepare. I assume i just type that into the terminal?
Anyway thanks for pointing me to the right direction, I can now use the laptop  :D

Cheers
Daniel

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2019, 06:14:42 PM »

Jerry

• Linux Lite Creator
  • Administrator
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • Linux Lite OS

• CPU: Intel Core i9-10850K CPU @ 3.60GHz

• MEMORY: 32Gb

• VIDEO CARD: nVidia GeForce GTX 1650

We have a UEFI version on the Downloads page, just use that. K. I. S.

Sent from my Phone using Tapatalk

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2019, 06:08:18 PM »

firenice03

• Rockin' the FREE World
  • Global Moderator
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: AMD E2//Atom X5//AMD Phenom II X2

• MEMORY: 4Gb

• VIDEO CARD: AMD Mullin Radeon R2//Intel//AMD/ATI RS880

I just picked up a ASUS E402W...
I haven't got anywhere with it just yet.. I'll probably start with the EFI LL version.. I'll let you know how I progress...

LL4.8 UEFI 64 bit ASUS E402W - AMD E2 (Quad) 1.5Ghz  - 4GB - AMD Mullins Radeon R2
LL5.8 UEFI 64 bit Test UEFI Kangaroo (Mobile Desktop) - Atom X5-Z8500 1.44Ghz - 2GB - Intel HD Graphics
LL4.8 64 bit HP 6005- AMD Phenom II X2 - 8GB - AMD/ATI RS880 (HD4200)
LL3.8 32 bit Dell Inspiron Mini - Atom N270 1.6Ghz - 1GB - Intel Mobile 945GSE Express  -- Shelved
BACK LL5.8 64 bit Dell Optiplex 160 (Thin) - Atom 230 1.6Ghz - 4GB-SiS 771/671 PCIE VGA - Print Server
Running Linux Lite since LL2.2

Installed but not booting ASUS E402SA
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2019, 11:13:57 AM »

D_Blaze

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: Intel Celeron N3050 1.60GHz

• MEMORY: 2Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Mesa DRI Intel HD Graphics 400 (Braswell)
Hi there, (I'm using my main PC desktop right now and my issue is with installing Linux Lite on my secondary laptop)
I've been searching online for some time now trying to get a fix to this issue but the fixes I have found seem to be quite particular to other user's circumstances and aren't helping me.
I'm not a techie.

My situation:
running an ASUS E402SA (Intel Celeron N3050, 2GB RAM, 32GB HDD)

Windows became unworkable on it so i decided to replace windows 10 with linux lite. I created the linux lite bootable USB. I booted from that USB (tweaking the BIOS - Secure Boot Control from enabled to disabled, Fast Boot from enabled to disabled, Launch CSM from disabled to enabled). That all worked. Once i was live i used the Install function and chose the option to erase my hard drive and install linux lite. Once the install was complete i restarted the computer (the USB was still in) and the computer booted from the USB again. So i turned the computer off, took out the USB and turned on the computer but it just went straight to BIOS. Looking at the boot options in the BIOS settings i found there were no boot options, so it seems like BIOS isn't recognizing the hard drive with Linux Lite on it.

I restored the BIOS to default, then booted back into BIOS and still it did not recognize any bootable HDD. If the USB is connected then the BIOS does detect that as a bootable device, but not the HDD.

When i boot from the USB and use Linux Lite Live, i can see my 32GB 'volume' on the desktop and see that it has Linux Lite installed on it.

I ran (from the Live environment) Boot Repair (using the Help Manual) but that didn't help anything. my BootInfo report is here - http://paste.ubuntu.com/p/27M39X9wPr/
I think it is looking at my USB not my HDD. Line 186 says
1 disks with OS, 1 OS : 1 Linux, 0 MacOS, 0 Windows, 0 unknown type OS.

I'm not very techie so don't want to mess around too much in unfamiliar territory. Any help/advice greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Daniel
« Last Edit: June 21, 2019, 10:24:34 PM by D_Blaze »

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section