You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Install Lite on USB - recommended partitioning

Author (Read 2941 times)

Re: Install Lite on USB - recommended partitioning
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2021, 10:52:47 PM »

Moltke

• Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: amd athlon 64 x2

• MEMORY: 4Gb

• VIDEO CARD: amd radeon hd 6750

• Kernel: 5.x
Sorry, accidentally hit "quote" instead of "modify", didn't realize till was too late to undo.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2021, 10:55:18 PM by Moltke »
Without each others help there ain't no hope for us :)
Need a translation service? https://www.deepl.com/es/translator

Re: Install Lite on USB - recommended partitioning
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2021, 10:52:03 PM »

Moltke

• Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: amd athlon 64 x2

• MEMORY: 4Gb

• VIDEO CARD: amd radeon hd 6750

• Kernel: 5.x
Hi there. I have not been able to get live Lite to work persistent with USB, so I will install it to USB instead.
Method > install live image on one USB, install from Live image USB to new USB.

Question:
My destination USB is 1 partition, FAT32. Please advise recommended format for this 16Gb USB eg partitions and formats of partitions thanks kindly.

To follow up on this question, later I tried to install off the USB image. All went well till I got to partitioning, whereby the 2nd USB destination partition was determined as too small and I would have to resize to 5.5Gb by using the partition manager. Unlike other distros, there seems to be no option to edit partitions from the partition manager during install. It would appear you have to close the installer down, and instantiate Gparted to do the job.

Hence my question about recommended partitions and sizes.

I just let the installer do that for me and use the defaults; it works every time. And yes, I'm talking about installing any Linux distro in a USB stick. So you might try that too.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2021, 10:55:50 PM by Moltke »
Without each others help there ain't no hope for us :)
Need a translation service? https://www.deepl.com/es/translator

Install Lite on USB - recommended partitioning
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2021, 02:27:37 PM »

BigAl

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
Hi there. I have not been able to get live Lite to work persistent with USB, so I will install it to USB instead.
Method > install live image on one USB, install from Live image USB to new USB.

Question:
My destination USB is 1 partition, FAT32. Please advise recommended format for this 16Gb USB eg partitions and formats of partitions thanks kindly.

To follow up on this question, later I tried to install off the USB image. All went well till I got to partitioning, whereby the 2nd USB destination partition was determined as too small and I would have to resize to 5.5Gb by using the partition manager. Unlike other distros, there seems to be no option to edit partitions from the partition manager during install. It would appear you have to close the installer down, and instantiate Gparted to do the job.

Hence my question about recommended partitions and sizes.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2021, 11:10:17 PM by firenice03 »

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section