You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Install Linux Lite 2.4 from Huawei E3372 microsd card

Author (Read 6689 times)

Re: Install Linux Lite 2.4 from Huawei E3372 microsd card
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2015, 11:36:19 AM »

rokytnji

• Friganeer
  • Platinum Level Poster
    • View Profile

• CPU: Intel Core2 Duo U9600

• MEMORY: 4Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel Mobile 4
New question: Why if I am start LL installer 2.4 64-bit from microsd card of this 4G+ USB modem and connect witn Network manager to Mobile Broandband and Internet, LL can't automatically install updates after installation complete (I am check the option Install updates in installer). Accsess to internet not at usb-tethering)

Sounds to me like new thread material and more info is needed like terminal readouts and how you are connecting the phone to the Internet?
LL 3.6,2.8
Dell XT2 > Touchscreen Laptop
Dell 755 > Desktop
Acer 150 > Desktop
I am who I am. Your approval is not needed.

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2015, 02:02:29 AM »

dmitry

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: Intel Pentium N3700

• VIDEO CARD: Intel HD Graphics
Hi to All again! Sorry for my bad English...

Pre-install configuration of this USB modem: in minicom terminal: at^setport? [Enter]

Output: A1,A2;12,1,16,A1,A2

If manually set it in minicom terminal to Only modem mode + cardreader:

at^setport="ff;10,12,a2" [Enter]

then probably Problem is solved and I am can't repeat this bug situation, but some question to nettop Intel NUC bugs (( BIOS (not only at LL, sometimes at start from USB it says "Insert probably boot device", but after CTRL-ALT-DEL and reboot all starts OK from USB)

---

New question: Why if I am start LL installer 2.4 64-bit from microsd card of this 4G+ USB modem and connect witn Network manager to Mobile Broandband and Internet, LL can't automatically install updates after installation complete (I am check the option Install updates in installer). Accsess to internet not at usb-tethering)

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2015, 04:15:27 AM »

N4RPS

• Donator
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Knows JUST ENOUGH Linux to be DANGEROUS
    • View Profile
    • Orphans for Christ, Self Advocates of Mecklenburg

• CPU: Several Different 32-bit & 64-bit CPUs, 2-8 GB RAM

• MEMORY: 8Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Several Different AMD and Intel GPUs
Hello!

Actually, your explanation sounds quite plausible. I've booted and ran entire Linux installs from SD before, and since MicroSD is just a small SD card that functions in an adapter as an SD card does, having the phone involved could cause issues. If the phone is used for tethering, it can always be hooked to the PC after boot...

73 DE N4RPS
Rob

A gun in your hand is worth more than a whole police force on the phone.

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2015, 02:29:20 PM »

rokytnji

• Friganeer
  • Platinum Level Poster
    • View Profile

• CPU: Intel Core2 Duo U9600

• VIDEO CARD: Intel Mobile 4
Hello, Dmitry!

Welcome to Linux Lite, and to the forums.

If I were in a situation like yours, if I could boot into an LL LiveUSB, I would check the MicroSD in Menu > System > Partition Drives. If GPartEd won't show its status, it is probably bricked.

You can also stick in into an Android phone/tablet, and try to format it there...

73 DE N4RPS
Rob

Just trying this on a installed, not live, laptop with my Blackberry phone. This is just a test because I was curious myself.
Blackberry phone is mounted. Files can be transferred from laptop to Blackberry internal drive as user.

Code: [Select]
harry@biker1:~$ sudo parted -l
[sudo] password for harry:
Model: ATA APPLE SSD SM128 (scsi)
Disk /dev/sda: 121GB
Sector size (logical/physical): 512B/512B
Partition Table: gpt

Number  Start   End     Size    File system  Name  Flags
 1      1049kB  9438MB  9437MB  ext4
 2      9438MB  121GB   112GB   ext3

The reason for this post. I am showing my internal soldered hard drive. Not removable SD or micro SD sd card.
I am guessing because of mtp protocol. Gparted won't show it, but the phone drive is not bricked.

I know Ron you said remove micro sd and I know what you mean by that and I have usb to card adapters
for my laptops and desktops. I am just posting in case someone assumes their drive is bricked because it
is not the removable one but the usb cable will mount it and show it.

In other word. Just claritying  a few things.

AS far as his booting errors go. If me. If micro sd is removable. I would pull it out of the phone because
the video shows the phone plugged into the computer to boot it. Phone must be turned on I bet.
Which causes boot confusion since another operating system is maybe playing havoc with the boot sequence.

I know for a fact. Micro SD will boot and load Linux-Lite and install it using a micro sd to usb adapter (without being in a phone). So logic tells me that the errors are caused because the micro sd card is plugged into the phone. and the phone has to be turned on to boot.

Hope I am not confusing the issue. Or even mistaken. I have been wrong before.
Sorry if I am.  :-X
LL 3.6,2.8
Dell XT2 > Touchscreen Laptop
Dell 755 > Desktop
Acer 150 > Desktop
I am who I am. Your approval is not needed.

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2015, 08:09:08 AM »

N4RPS

• Donator
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Knows JUST ENOUGH Linux to be DANGEROUS
    • View Profile
    • Orphans for Christ, Self Advocates of Mecklenburg

• CPU: Several Different 32-bit & 64-bit CPUs, 2-8 GB RAM

• MEMORY: 8Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Several Different AMD and Intel GPUs
Hello, Dmitry!

Welcome to Linux Lite, and to the forums.

If I were in a situation like yours, if I could boot into an LL LiveUSB, I would check the MicroSD in Menu > System > Partition Drives. If GPartEd won't show its status, it is probably bricked.

You can also stick in into an Android phone/tablet, and try to format it there...

73 DE N4RPS
Rob

A gun in your hand is worth more than a whole police force on the phone.

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2015, 06:33:18 AM »

dmitry

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

gold_finger,  thank you for answer!

I am try reinstall Linux Lite to HDD later and continue tests, but here video about problem (sorry for very bad quality - 2mp smartphone camera). May you comment this video about failure booting from sd?

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2015, 02:30:46 AM »

gold_finger

• Documentation Writer
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: Intel Core2 Duo E7500 3.0GHz

• VIDEO CARD: Intel 4 Series Integrated Graphics
If I understand correctly, you are saying that:
  • The installation to the hard drive works fine.
  • If you install from a USB stick, you are able to boot from the USB stick again if you want to.
  • But, if you install from a microsd card, the microsd card can not be booted from again.
That is strange and I don't know why that happens.  If you want to run another test, instead of choosing to "Reboot" when the install finishes, choose "Continue testing".  Then wait about 15-30 seconds and do a regular shutdown.  Try booting again with the sd card and see if the same problem arises.

P.s.  Welcome to LL and the forum, Dmitry.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 02:32:27 AM by gold_finger »
Try Linux Beginner Search Engine for answers to Linux questions.

Install Linux Lite 2.4 from Huawei E3372 microsd card
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2015, 12:21:31 AM »

dmitry

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

Hi!

Sorry for my bad English...

I have а nettop Intel NUC DN2820FYKH (CPU revision Intel Celeron N2830) and 4G+ LTE USB modem (with microsd cardreader) Huawei E3372 (probable E3372s-153) [Russian brand of operator MEGAFON M150-2, firmware 21.286.03.01.209].

In my computer 3 USB ports (2xUSB 2.0 and 1xUSB 3.0): USB1: <- keyboard, USB2: <- mouse, USB3: <- 4G+ LTE modem.

Its not the Joke ;-) but I am try to install Linux Lite 2.4 64-bit from Silicon Power 8GB Class 10 MicroSD Card, inserted to this 4G+ LTE Modem.

MD5sum of ISO image is OK.

After $ sudo dd if=image.iso of=/dev/sdb bs=4M I am reboot and enter to Intel Visual Boot Manager, and start Linux Lite Installer from MicroSD. All OK. System is loaded and I am enter to Internet from this same 4G+ LTE USB modem, and next I am try to install Linux Lite from his microsd to HDD. Installation completed successfully (some question maybe about downloading updates during the installation using 4G+ LTE mode).

Next I am reboot a computer (remove 4G+ LTE USB modem-stick and press Enter key or not remove and press Enter, the same situation) and loading Linux Lite from HDD is OK, but loading again from USB microsd card after rebooting is fail (input/output error) until again reflash the microsd (sudo dd).

Maybe microsd card data is damaged at the time of rebooting after installation of linux Lite 2.4 64-bit and how I can to solve this problem? If installed Linux Lite from USB stick and reboot -> all OK, maybe this feature of microsd card, cardreader & 4G+ LTE USB modem.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 01:28:27 AM by dmitry »

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section