You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Install gives me different destop

Author (Read 4114 times)

Re: Install gives me different destop
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2014, 03:43:43 PM »

RogerC

Sorry about that, read the wrong instructions.  What I am seeing seems to be the default xfce desktop.  I will give it another try on install before returning to Ubuntu/Cinnamon. 

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2014, 05:27:05 PM »

Jerry

• Linux Lite Creator
  • Administrator
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • Linux Lite OS

• CPU: Intel Core i9-10850K CPU @ 3.60GHz

• MEMORY: 32Gb

• VIDEO CARD: nVidia GeForce GTX 1650

• Kernel: 5.x
I've removed the pdf file, RogerC can you please see here - https://www.linuxliteos.com/forums/index.php?topic=29.0 for placing images on the Forums. Thank you.

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2014, 04:16:52 PM »

RogerC

I don't have the install CD today, but the desktop when running live is the same as shown in the Tour.  I as attaching screenshot of what I get after logon.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 05:26:20 PM by Valtam »

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2014, 05:56:35 PM »

Scott

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: Dual core Intel Core i3 M 330

• MEMORY: 6Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel Integrated Graphics
Hi RogerC,

Welcome to the LL Forums. Please post a screenshot of your desktop, if possible two screenshots: one from the CD live environment and one from the desktop after the installation. Looking for a "before and after" for comparison.

Some things that may help:
After the installation did you run update (menu > all > install updates)? Have you checked to see if any video drivers are available (menu > all > install drivers)?

Install gives me different destop
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2014, 05:41:26 PM »

RogerC

The live CD runs with a very nice desktop, but when I install to disk it boots up with a different, rather clunky, desktop.  I thought this might be due to some config entries in my separate /home partition, so I reinstalled formatting /home as well as /.  Same result.  Any ideas?

RogerC

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section