You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Ideapad110s LL stuck on boot menu

Author (Read 6317 times)

Re: Ideapad110s LL stuck on boot menu
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2019, 09:00:17 PM »

iqrakelley

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
Yeah, that's what I thought, too. Thanks for answering!

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2019, 08:25:36 AM »

firenice03

• Rockin' the FREE World
  • Global Moderator
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: AMD E2//Atom X5//AMD Phenom II X2

• MEMORY: 4Gb

• VIDEO CARD: AMD Mullin Radeon R2//Intel//AMD/ATI RS880

• Kernel: 5.x
Hi, I have just installed LL 3.8 on lenovo ideapad 110s.
It sounds to me a bit like it it might be trying to boot in UEFI mode when your install is in legacy BIOS/MBR mode (aka CSM mode IIRC).  During disk partitioning what options did you choose?  What BIOS options do you have set that might affect booting (e.g. UEFI vs Legacy/CSM, MBR or GPT etc)?  I recall reading that the UEFI bootloader can still find the Windows licence key in it's ROM (or something like that) which is how it can still mention Windows at the boot menu...

You might be better off trying to install LL 4.6 (or use the specific 4.2 UEFI installer and go through the upgrade process after installation).  Did you choose choose to install 3.8 for any particular reason?

I second WytWun...
Re-enable UEFI in bios - you can do Secure Boot if you like..

Download and install the UEFI version of LL 4.2, there is a 3.2 uefi version but I'd stick with the current..
https://www.linuxliteos.com/forums/linux-lite-software-development/uefi-build-test/msg44253/#msg44253

LL4.8 UEFI 64 bit ASUS E402W - AMD E2 (Quad) 1.5Ghz  - 4GB - AMD Mullins Radeon R2
LL5.8 UEFI 64 bit Test UEFI Kangaroo (Mobile Desktop) - Atom X5-Z8500 1.44Ghz - 2GB - Intel HD Graphics
LL4.8 64 bit HP 6005- AMD Phenom II X2 - 8GB - AMD/ATI RS880 (HD4200)
LL3.8 32 bit Dell Inspiron Mini - Atom N270 1.6Ghz - 1GB - Intel Mobile 945GSE Express  -- Shelved
BACK LL5.8 64 bit Dell Optiplex 160 (Thin) - Atom 230 1.6Ghz - 4GB-SiS 771/671 PCIE VGA - Print Server
Running Linux Lite since LL2.2

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2019, 05:25:23 AM »

WytWun

• PayPal Supporter
  • Occasional Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: Atom z8300

• MEMORY: 2Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel integrated

• Kernel: 5.x
Hi, I have just installed LL 3.8 on lenovo ideapad 110s.
It sounds to me a bit like it it might be trying to boot in UEFI mode when your install is in legacy BIOS/MBR mode (aka CSM mode IIRC).  During disk partitioning what options did you choose?  What BIOS options do you have set that might affect booting (e.g. UEFI vs Legacy/CSM, MBR or GPT etc)?  I recall reading that the UEFI bootloader can still find the Windows licence key in it's ROM (or something like that) which is how it can still mention Windows at the boot menu...

You might be better off trying to install LL 4.6 (or use the specific 4.2 UEFI installer and go through the upgrade process after installation).  Did you choose choose to install 3.8 for any particular reason?

Ideapad110s LL stuck on boot menu
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2019, 10:55:00 AM »

Daudun

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
Hi, I have just installed LL 3.8 on lenovo ideapad 110s. It previously ran on win10 but with 32gb disk space it started to update untill it ran out of space. I have previously used Ubuntu on a different laptop and never had a problem.

Now after successful installation and restarting my ideapad, the system will not boot. It shows me the boot options menu where I can choose either the disk with LL or Windows boot and choosing either option ends the same - the screen with boot options appears again.(WIN10 was removed from device during installation)

It has been a long while since I have used linux OS, so I am at a total loss on what to do, and most posts on similar problems are explained in a way I d9nt understand.

Can someone please explain to me what to do in a total linux newbie terms?

Installation was done by following all necessary steps including changing parameters in BIOS.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2020, 06:30:32 PM by firenice03 »

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section