You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Help!!!!! PLease!!!

Author (Read 3042 times)

Re: Help!!!!! PLease!!!
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2019, 12:25:47 PM »

Dan Pacurar

• New to Forums
    • View Profile
Hello.
Thanks to you all for so kindly helping me out.
 It finally worked as I formated. DOn't know why before asking for your help it always installed the OS before the / section. It works now.
 To answer to all of you:
 THe HDD is 500 GB because I changed the orginal one, with this of 500 GB from another laptop.
 Even if it is unnecessary to give 10 GB to /  (as I read online...) it finally worked, and installed there the grub? or what it had to install, and the os on the /home of 480 GB.
 It charges slow, very slow the OS but it works.
 So thank you kindly to each and every one of you. ANy problem from now on, I will request again your help.

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2019, 09:45:55 AM »

trinidad

• Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • dbts-analytics.com

• CPU: i7 4 cores 8 threads

• MEMORY: 16Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel HD graphics

• Kernel: 5.x
Choose the first option from the installer: Erase disk and install Linux. See the link below:

https://www.linuxliteos.com/manual/install.html#installguide

The error is because you somehow formatted your disk and installed the OS in a way that did not place the boot record at the beginning of the disk.

TC
All opinions expressed and all advice given by Trinidad Cruz on this forum are his responsibility alone and do not necessarily reflect the views or methods of the developers of Linux Lite. He is a citizen of the United States where it is acceptable to occasionally be uninformed and inept as long as you pay your taxes.

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2019, 10:44:56 PM »

minesheep

• Forum Regular
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• MEMORY: 4Gb

based on cnet the hdd size varies between 40 and 100gb based on the exact model. My own hp compaq nc 4200 have 60gb hdd with weird connector (not sata) if you have non sata connector too it is unlikely to be replaced with 500gb one with that connector

Is SMART sata connector? if yes maybe it is it. I am not sure if smart sata is connector or sata connector with SMART capabilities.

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2019, 10:29:33 PM »

minesheep

• Forum Regular
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• MEMORY: 4Gb

It's the 4th time I freshly install it and when rebooting it keeps showing the message of error trying to write outside disk
Did you mean "Cant have partitions outside of disk"? if yes, better to start with new mbr but of cource it will delete all partitions so take your data out first. Why are you thinking it is a 500gb drive the default size in hp compaq nx 6325 is 100gb (from cnet) did you cloned windows or anything from larger drive in the past. 500gb sounds large to this old computer. Or did you get scammed when buying it.

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2019, 10:00:53 PM »

Jerry

• Linux Lite Creator
  • Administrator
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • Linux Lite OS

• CPU: Intel Core i9-10850K CPU @ 3.60GHz

• MEMORY: 32Gb

• VIDEO CARD: nVidia GeForce GTX 1650

There is no need to set / as 10Gb. Simply format the partition as supergamer said as /

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2019, 06:31:44 PM »

supergamer

• Forum Regular
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: AMD Phenom 565

• MEMORY: 12Gb

• VIDEO CARD: 550 ti
Try upping the root (/) partition size or just let the installer format and install the OS. I do not know if you allowed updates to be installed while installing or not as that might be the issue with running out of room on the / partition. I understand having a separate /home but really it is not necessary for normal use.

Help!!!!! PLease!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2019, 04:13:28 PM »

Dan Pacurar

• New to Forums
    • View Profile
Good evening to you all!
 Please, could any of you help me thorough the installation of linux lite on my kid's laptop!! It's the 4th time I freshly install it and when rebooting it keeps showing the message of error trying to write outside disk os somthing like that. I tried several times with the boot repair disk to solve it, but, simply could not make it work.
 In this moment I am installing it again, having set a partition of 10GB as "/"  and the rest 480 GB as /home.

I am talking about an old laptop, HP COMPAQ NX6325 WITH 2 GB RAM and a hdd 500GB.

Any help would be more than appreciated!!!!!!!
Thanks in advance....
« Last Edit: December 01, 2019, 08:47:37 PM by firenice03 »

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section