You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

A couple of problems

Author (Read 4237 times)

Re: A couple of problems
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2014, 09:17:21 PM »

gold_finger

• Documentation Writer
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: Intel Core2 Duo E7500 3.0GHz

• MEMORY: 4Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel 4 Series Integrated Graphics
For some reason I cannot get the wireless to work, the notebook will work with a cable plugged in but I cannot seem to get or find the software to get the wireless to work.
Have you tried going to Menu -> Settings -> Install Drivers yet?  When you do that, the system will look to see if any special drivers are available for installation on the computer and list them.  (It will take 15-30 seconds for it to finish looking before listing anything if found.)  If not, try that first for both the wireless and graphics card drivers.  If it finds any, install which ever is marked "Recommended".

If no wireless driver found, then open a terminal and enter the following command:
Code: [Select]
sudo lshw -class network
Copy/paste the output from command back here for us to look at.

Regarding graphics:  are you having problems with the graphics performance?  Is that why you're looking for a driver?  Not all drivers need to be looked for and installed separately, so if everything is working fine, then you don't need a proprietary driver.  If you are having problems and the driver didn't show up in "Install Drivers" program, describe in detail what your problems are and also provide output of this terminal command:
Code: [Select]
sudo lshw -class display
Try Linux Beginner Search Engine for answers to Linux questions.

A couple of problems
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2014, 06:29:53 PM »

gramps

Hi! Don't want to be a pain, but I have a couple of questions. I first installed Lite on a Toshiba notebook and had issues I could not fix. It turned out that the notebook had "issues" and was sent to notebook heaven. My grandson gave me his old Dell notebook, a Dell D630 with a 2.2 GHz. Intel core2duo with 4 GB of ram. For some reason I cannot get the wireless to work, the notebook will work with a cable plugged in but I cannot seem to get or find the software to get the wireless to work. The notebook also has a Quattro 135m graphics card in it and I cannot find the software for it either. It's driving my 70 year old mind to a frazzle trying to fix these. I am an absolute beginner to Linux and in no way a computer guru. Any body have any idea what I might need to do?

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section