You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Disable Sticky Keys Prior to Login

Author (Read 4298 times)

Re: Disable Sticky Keys Prior to Login
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2018, 04:28:56 PM »

John Silberman

• New to Forums
    • View Profile
Thanks.  The other thread was the exact problem However, unchecking "Restore num lock state on startup" did not solve the problem..  It does fix the issue of the sticky keys after you log in, but not when entering password to log in.  I did check my bios.  Interestingly, my version was 1.09 dated 2012, and there was a 1.13 dated 2010.  Dates seem odd, but I tried 1.13 anyway.  This did not work either. 

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2018, 11:38:46 PM »

Jerry

• Linux Lite Creator
  • Administrator
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • Linux Lite OS

• CPU: Intel Core i9-10850K CPU @ 3.60GHz

• MEMORY: 32Gb

• VIDEO CARD: nVidia GeForce GTX 1650

• Kernel: 5.x
Do you have the latest BIOS installed?
Also - https://www.linuxliteos.com/forums/other-17/(solved)-keyboard-problem-acer-netbook/ the only other Acer Netbook thread I could find with related issue.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2018, 11:41:38 PM by Jerry »

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2018, 09:42:02 PM »

John Silberman

• New to Forums
    • View Profile
I did see that, but you have to understand there are soooo many Acer Aspire One netbook models - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acer_Aspire_One#Specifications

Sorry, I did not realize that.  My model is ls listed as KAV10 which I think is the same as a D150.

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2018, 10:45:49 PM »

Jerry

• Linux Lite Creator
  • Administrator
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • Linux Lite OS

I did see that, but you have to understand there are soooo many Acer Aspire One netbook models - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acer_Aspire_One#Specifications

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2018, 10:42:23 PM »

John Silberman

• New to Forums
    • View Profile
Have you looked in the Help Manual under Start > Keyboard Function? Also, we don't know what hardware you are running.

The first sentence of my original post says "I recently installed Linux Lite on my Acer Aspire One netbook."  What else do you need to know about hardware? The netbook has 2GB of RAM. and a Intel Atom CPU N270 @1.6GHz.

Yes, I looked through the help manual.  I have tried various settings.  For example, I have tried both the Generic and Acer Laptop keyboard, neither made a difference.  I have tried enabling and disabling Num Lock at Startup.  No difference in either state.  I have enabled and disabled sticky keys.  This makes no difference in the start state.  However, just toggling this setting resolves the issue as long as I remain logged in.  The main issue is only when booting up and entering a password, I need to use the fn key to get the correct keys to work.

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2018, 02:04:14 AM »

Jerry

• Linux Lite Creator
  • Administrator
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • Linux Lite OS

Have you looked in the Help Manual under Start > Keyboard Function? Also, we don't know what hardware you are running. When you request support, please provide as much information about your system as possible. This will encourage people to assist you more.

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2018, 11:40:58 AM »

John Silberman

• New to Forums
    • View Profile
No suggestions?

Disable Sticky Keys Prior to Login
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2018, 09:28:47 AM »

John Silberman

• New to Forums
    • View Profile
I recently installed Linux Lite on my Acer Aspire One netbook.  The OS is performing as anticipated bringing new life to my netbook.   The one issue I have not resolved with the initial installation/set up is the sticky keys.  Sticky keys defaulted to enable even though they were not enabled in settings.  After toggling the settings, the sticky keys no longer remain enabled except during log in.  So when I enter my password at login, I need to remember to have the fn key depressed, once logged in keyboard works just fine.  I see no settings in the bios to correct the issue.  I have no issue with other Linux distros (Ubuntu & Ubuntu Mate).  Are there any suggestions to disable sticky keys prior to login. 

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section