You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

install question

Author (Read 1994 times)

Re: install question
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2019, 06:39:13 PM »

torreydale

• PayPal Supporter
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • * Forum Moderator *
    • View Profile

• CPU: Intel i5-3230M (4) @ 3.200GHz

• MEMORY: 16Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel 3rd Gen Core processor Graphics

• Kernel: 5.x

@Trudyg ,

I've read your other posts, and it is my opinion that you:
  • need someone locally to help you with this,
  • or you need to do some research on YouTube before trying this,
  • or you should just put the dual booting option on the backburner for now.
If I were there locally to help you in person, I would discourage you from dual booting.  It's not for you...yet.  Installing Linux Lite is really easier than you're making it.  And with all this installation pain, you can't be having much fun with the operating system, and it is fun. 

If you still have your foot on first base with Windows and are afraid to steal second base by going completely to Linux Lite, then consider installing Linux Lite as a virtual machine using a free tool called VirtualBox by Oracle.  You can install it in Windows and then use it to create a virtual computer running Linux Lite.  There are plenty of how-to videos on YouTube to show you how to install VirtualBox on Windows and how to build a Linux virtual computer within VirtualBox. 

Want to thank me?  Click my [Thank] link.

install question
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2019, 12:59:28 PM »

Trudyg

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
I'm at the point where you pick the ntfs drive and the manual says sda3.  I don't know what to choose.  I have 2 that say windows 7 recovery, one that says fat 32 and one that has the right space but says unusable.  Checking it causes the change button to fade so I can't press it.  What do I choose?  Thanks.

ETA:  can I just shoose the FAT 32 drive and use that for my LL? 
« Last Edit: February 15, 2019, 02:04:01 PM by Trudyg »

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section