You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Boots Lite from DVD only

Author (Read 2517 times)

Re: Boots Lite from DVD only
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2019, 09:04:49 AM »

minesheep

• Forum Regular
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• MEMORY: 4Gb

• Kernel: 5.x
Don't you see install with cd icon on DVD booted system desktop? It's possible to remove the (broken) lite partition from HDD with gparted but be very carefully and keep windows partitions untoutched. Breaking more systems (windows) is easy by removing wrong partitions! You also must enable legacy boot if disabled by default.

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2019, 09:49:41 AM »

WallusWormus

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: 1Ghz

• MEMORY: 2Gb
There are no options to boot to Lite anywhere. I have to put the cd in and change the boot order to boot Lite.
I don't think I did a full install of Lite but even when I boot to Lite using the cd I can't find an option to reinstall Lite.
Is there a visible folder on HDD that I can delete from Windows so I can start over?

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2019, 02:30:34 PM »

minesheep

• Forum Regular
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• MEMORY: 4Gb

• Kernel: 5.x
Hold esc while booting from HDD, but do this before you see boot icon. Select "Advanced options for Linux Lite GNU/Linux". Go to recovery mode and use "clean" this should take some time. You can also try other options. Use "system summary" to see free disk space. If you can't fix it you may need to reinstall lite.

Boots Lite from DVD only
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2019, 07:58:11 AM »

WallusWormus

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: 1Ghz

• MEMORY: 2Gb
Hi folks. I've decided to reinstall LL because of a mistake I made in my first install.I decided to calculate the amount of disk space that Lite could use because I wanted to keep a dual boot with Windows and I wasn't sure how much space Lite needed to install. .
I can't remember if Lite gave me the option to automatically choose the HDD space it needs to install or not but... Anyway, the darned computer won't boot to Lite unless I have the DVD in the drive and make sure the computer boots to it. The most annoying thing is that Lite is running from the DVD instead of the HDD! Talk about a snooze fest :(  So now I want to reinstall Lite and give it all the space it needs, since I know I have plenty of HDD space for it, but I can't find an option to reinstall. How do I go about this??
Thanks for your help, Wally

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section